What's everyone listening to ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rush - Counterparts CD. Showing my age???

Yesterday I had 'Slayer - South of heaven' on.

Therefore I am now pimply and age 17. Does that work? (Hmmm thought not...)

:doh:

Bit current but currently loving Adele - 21, only £3.99 to download from Amazon. It's instant in places but i've a feeling it will end up being a firm favourite.

Was just about to post that one MOCAS, but you got there first!
Great solo from Prince, if a little self indulgent and limelight hogging.

I promised to wake myself up properly today so I put "The Undertones" on full blast (in the car) at 7.00am today.

Was just about to post that one MOCAS, but you got there first!
Great solo from Prince, if a little self indulgent and limelight hogging.

I've watched it many times since I first found it, and at first I also felt that way about Prince's performance. But I'm now happy that he was doing it for George. Just look at the interaction between him and Dhani, not only during the solo but just before it, where Dhani seems to gesture to him with his eyes, knowing what's coming, and Prince seems to be saying "this is for your dad."

But it's not all about Prince, either. Each of those performers seems to be giving the best of himself, and I am always mesmerised by McCartney's self-taught mastery of his instrument.

A very special performance all round.

Apologies for the slight re-post, but for any Knopfler/ Dire Straits fans out there, don't miss this tonight
An excellent night, dedicated to a superb guitarist. Interesting how they brushed aside Communique and yet I've always thought it was a brilliant album.

Last edited:
An excellent night, dedicated to a superb guitarist. Interesting how they brushed aside Communique and yet I've always thought it was a brilliant album.

It was a good watch, but they also didn't really mention his newer album 'Get Lucky' which is a superb piece of work.

Foo Fighters, AC/DC, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and both recent Kings of Leon albums - not too shabby for a 51 year old????:D

And my son call me Old Man now:doh::doh::doh:

Rooting around on youtube for '10 years gone' by Zep I came across this version by 'Virtual Zeppelin' the concept being musicians from all over the world jamming over the internet and then someone mixing it all together. I have to say, its pretty impressive. If you like it then have a look at their other stuff too.

YouTube - Virtual Zeppelin-Ten Years Gone

:thumb:

Fantastic link thanks :) Anther of their wonderful tracks :)

[YOUTUBE]va58l51ltw0[/YOUTUBE]

If there's a Led Zeppelin following here maybe you'd also like this

[YOUTUBE]48JoZL4MyQQ[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom