What's everyone listening to ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Never gets old.

Nice tributes to J J Cale and Peter Green spoken and unspoken
Excellent version of "Man of the World" in the full concert. (Not currently on Youtube)

With a warm tribute to Peter Green.

GThat’s because: In the beginning, there was Jack, and Jack had a groove, and from this groove came the groove of all grooves, and while one day viciously throwing down on his box, Jack boldy declared, “Let there be HOUSE!” 🙌
😏😉

You know........ :) :)

Never gets old.

It all started the day Frankie Knuckles died in April 2014. One of the house-head QPR fans posted one of his favourite tracks on a QPR message board. Seven years and 474 pages later the thread is still going.

One of the founding members set up a WhatsApp group and the rest is history. I've hooked up with various members at various games and even my wife's met them when we went to see the Gospel House Choir at the Jazz Cafe earlier this year.

Apart from anything else, the WhatsApp chat is some of the funniest out there. But it's also a good little community. Bit like here, if I think about it. With added House :)

It all started the day Frankie Knuckles died in April 2014. One of the house-head QPR fans posted one of his favourite tracks on a QPR message board. Seven years and 474 pages later the thread is still going.

One of the founding members set up a WhatsApp group and the rest is history. I've hooked up with various members at various games and even my wife's met them when we went to see the Gospel House Choir at the Jazz Cafe earlier this year.

Apart from anything else, the WhatsApp chat is some of the funniest out there. But it's also a good little community. Bit like here, if I think about it. With added House :)

Great story and so nice to hear the mutual respect is still strong.

Sad day when Frankie Knuckles passed. What he contributed to music is amazing. I warmed up for Farley Jackmaster Funk in the early 2000’s, had a good chat about the 80’s Chicago house scene. Frankie Knuckles was mentioned a few times!
Would the favourite track be ‘Your Love’?

Still a hell of a tune.

Been sampled once or twice!

Keith Urban - Fast As You tribute to Dwight Yoakam​

At least Dwight Yoakam has had the sense to lose the tasseled suede chaps on his tight pants.......what was he thinking? Rich Hall would fall off his horse watching this nonsense.

Weekend on my own as wife away with girl friends for a birthday. So it's going to be a loud vinyl Jazz weekend and general debauchery for me. These days that will likely include fiddling with engine components inside the house and "inappropriate" use of the dishwasher and cooking facilities! :)

This going on first as i wind down with a nice bottle of Beaujolais. I find Jazz can be so love or hate even by the same artist (thinking Miles Davis here), but Dave Brubeck i can always listen to. His son Darius actually introduced my parents in law to each other when he was in SA. Alas i never got to see Dave play live. If you ever get the chance Live at Carnegie 1963 is a joy - they sound like they're just having so much fun and Joe Morello on drums is exceptional.

Wouldn’t happen to be a lad named Donnelly by chance this house head fella?

At least Dwight Yoakam has had the sense to lose the tasseled suede chaps on his tight pants.......what was he thinking? Rich Hall would fall off his horse watching this nonsense.

Staging the CMA awards has been the source of many cringeworthy moments over the years:rolleyes:

No, someone else. Although there could be a Donelly in the group - I mainly only know their 1st named
The lad I know is a proper house head and qpr fan (he played for them too before a serious injury stopped him)
Just thought it was a coincidence that it may be him.

The lad I know is a proper house head and qpr fan (he played for them too before a serious injury stopped him)
Just thought it was a coincidence that it may be him.

Next time I see any of them I'll ask.

Meanwhile, I'm on the train back from Edinburgh listening to the Spotify Defected Croatia 2021 playlist that one of them send me.

A bit of everything in there but interesting nonetheless. Helps pass the hours as I read/look out of the window.

My OH doesn't understand why, but I find house music very relaxing. I guess it's fundamentally very melodic - or at least the stuff I listed to is. I'm not into the hardcore end of things.

She prefers slower stuff, more jazzy and soul-based. Which I'm totally fine with.

In many ways it's structured in a very similar way, just slower and with a bit less thump.

I was listening to the new Robert Plant and Alison Krause album where they cover this Everlies original and it was bothering me how I knew every word until…

Weekend on my own as wife away with girl friends for a birthday. So it's going to be a loud vinyl Jazz weekend and general debauchery for me. These days that will likely include fiddling with engine components inside the house and "inappropriate" use of the dishwasher and cooking facilities! :)

This going on first as i wind down with a nice bottle of Beaujolais. I find Jazz can be so love or hate even by the same artist (thinking Miles Davis here), but Dave Brubeck i can always listen to. His son Darius actually introduced my parents in law to each other when he was in SA. Alas i never got to see Dave play live. If you ever get the chance Live at Carnegie 1963 is a joy - they sound like they're just having so much fun and Joe Morello on drums is exceptional.

I learnt about bebop through one of my mate's dads. Got into the whole Miles Davis/Blue Note thing in my late teens.

It's one of the only genres of music I've stuck with over four decades and counting.

Fabulous musicianship, fabulous tunes, fabulous recordings.

Wilko Johnson.

WILKO demos his unique frenetic style here.

Reactions: Ted
Unusual combo but talent will out
Hardly unusual given that it's their second album together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom