What's everyone listening to ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My favourite piano piece. Chopin's Berceuse in D-Flat Major.
Best played, as in this video, by Peter Donohoe IMHO.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

BBC Radio 4 - Drama, I Must Have Loved You
Positively elegiac for those of a certain age-helps if you are a Sting fan or from Newcastlle
I employed a young lad from Newcastle once. When he heard I'd seen Sting he said that his mum used to go out with Sting when he was Gordon Sumner, but she dumped him as he "did poetry and stuff...." :banana:

Slow show. Brilliant.

MUSIC MADE BY PEOPLE NOT MACHINES. :thumb: - no miming on this one, though.......

Blinder of an album.

I relayed the lyrics to Plaistow Patricia to my brother. I was about 12 so he would’ve been 9.

He blackmailed me for years threatening to tell our mum about ‘the swearing’. Should’ve just slapped him.

I employed a young lad from Newcastle once. When he heard I'd seen Sting he said that his mum used to go out with Sting when he was Gordon Sumner, but she dumped him as he "did poetry and stuff...." :banana:
One of my favourite albums of the moment is the hi res version of this:
Not only is he very good on there, but the production and engineering is brilliant for a 'Lockdown' album, or any other for that matter.
IMHO the best track is 'The Bells of St Thomas'. The creative rhyming of 'Thomas' makes me smile every time!

One of my favourite albums of the moment is the hi res version of this:
Not only is he very good on there, but the production and engineering is brilliant for a 'Lockdown' album, or any other for that matter.
IMHO the best track is 'The Bells of St Thomas'. The creative rhyming of 'Thomas' makes me smile every time!
I adore this - few of my friends know who it is

Agnes is Sting’s grandmother’s name, and the burning train refers to a train that caught fire when his grandmother was in it to visit him. It implies how fragile life could be, with the line between life and death thinner than one can imagine—an apt and subtle way to describe the minutes before his father’s demise. And if you focus on the song, the theory is that the beautiful melody refers to his grandmother, and the consistent background is the sound of the train. The sudden change at the later part of the song is the fire.

I adore this - few of my friends know who it is

Agnes is Sting’s grandmother’s name, and the burning train refers to a train that caught fire when his grandmother was in it to visit him. It implies how fragile life could be, with the line between life and death thinner than one can imagine—an apt and subtle way to describe the minutes before his father’s demise. And if you focus on the song, the theory is that the beautiful melody refers to his grandmother, and the consistent background is the sound of the train. The sudden change at the later part of the song is the fire.
I've known and liked the piece for a long time, but was never aware of the back story. It certainly makes sense. Thanks!

Was listening/watching Mozart's Requiem on YouTube, specifically the Cantatas and was reminded just how haunting a good Countertenor can be. This led me to look for more of their voices and stumbled across a guy called Andreas Scholl. Wow, wow, wow. Take a listen to this - he also sings a sublime Ave Marie (Schubert)

A fitting tune for today's troubled times?

From Yellowstone 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom