What's Everyone Watching on TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Blacklist - the last episode of season 7 was weird though. Did you guys like the animated Blacklist? Will season 8 gonna be the same? Honestly, I couldn't finish the last episode. The Handmaid's tale- my wife watches it on Hulu and i stick around from time to time) My favorite on TV is the Ultimate Fighting Championship, I even installed a special app on my firestck to be able to stream all the important games. In the morning i can watch BBC or some other news channel.

Having missed many of the Rumpole of the Bailey programmes first time around, I'm loving catching up with them. Leo Mckern was a rare gem of an actor and John Mortimer's scripts are an absolute hoot.

Did anyone watch Together? It didn't pull its punches either.
Yeah. Watched it last night. We’re big fans of both of them. ‘Together’ was a great example of lockdown life for many. Started off as humour but soon settled down to harsh reality. ☹️

Worth the licence fee just for this.

Properly gritty, tense, and at times uncomfortable to watch.

Was this a fair reflection of prison life? Anybody on here with recent experience? (Not necessarily as an inmate😊)

Yeah. Watched it last night. We’re big fans of both of them. ‘Together’ was a great example of lockdown life for many. Started off as humour but soon settled down to harsh reality. ☹️
The 'harsh realities' it explored - isn't that a powder keg that at some point is going to let rip? Better say no more or I'll be straying into politics but Together is a hint of the simmering anger that has yet to vent.
Brilliantly done - Horgan and McAvoy were superb. Ditto Stephen Graham in Time. Did anyone watch him in The Virtues?

Brilliantly done - Horgan and McAvoy were superb. Ditto Stephen Graham in Time. Did anyone watch him in The Virtues?
Yes. The Virtues was fantastically done. I honestly can’t remember Stephen Graham being in a bad production. Little Boy Blue was another good one he was in along with Line Of Duty.

Sharron Horgan wrote and Directed (HBO production?) ‘Divorce’ which was fab. She also wrote and starred in ‘Catastrophe’ alongside co-writer Rob Delaney. Really recommend both the above if you haven’t seen them.

And the wonderful James McAvoy started out as Steve in the awesome Shsmeless. It was very apparent he would go on to have a very long acting career. Very diverse he is too.

Yes. The Virtues was fantastically done. I honestly can’t remember Stephen Graham being in a bad production. Little Boy Blue was another good one he was in along with Line Of Duty.
I haven't seen SG in everything he's done - but seen him in enough to know he always brings that something extra to his roles.
The Virtues was another epic performance from him. That scene (in the first episode?) in the pub where he just drowns in the drinking - I've never seen that 'rush' to chaos via alcohol so vividly portrayed.
Sharron Horgan wrote and Directed (HBO production?) ‘Divorce’ which was fab. She also wrote and starred in ‘Catastrophe’ alongside co-writer Rob Delaney. Really recommend both the above if you haven’t seen them.
Oh yes! - Catastrophe! Not everyone's bag but unmissable for me! Horgan is in the background of a lot of comedy right now. Irish females are on a roll. Roisin Conaty's Gameface and Aisling Bea's This Way Up to name but two.
And the wonderful James McAvoy started out as Steve in the awesome Shsmeless. It was very apparent he would go on to have a very long acting career. Very diverse he is too.
Absolutely, his talent in Shameless shone through. Not seen him in very much lately but he nailed Together though maybe (due to the lines she had) Horgan just pipped him? That they were working so well together is testament to the talent of them both.

Sadly, we have finished the full series of The Sopranos. And that ending!!!!...... If you haven't seen it already it's highly recommended. Extraordinary writing and acting

Sadly, we have finished the full series of The Sopranos. And that ending!!!!...... If you haven't seen it already it's highly recommended. Extraordinary writing and acting

I'm almost finished Season 2, really enjoying it.

We recently saw the series 2 of "Innocent" and then rewatched the first series - thought that series 2 was better.

Unforgotten series 4 was excellent, so we found series 3 on "catch up" and also enjoyed it, have bought the DVD of series 1&2.

Foyles War was excellent, will watch it again, maybe this winter.

Hoping for a new series of Vera...

It’s just £3 a week to watch live TV, frankly it’s a bargain.

It's a sort of forced/ransom fee though. 😉

Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Discovery+ are all my choices now.

There is no TV I want to watch live anymore and I am against any of my money funding BBC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom