What's Everyone Watching on TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Two excellent series on the BBC I-Player
Firstly "The Serpent", a true story of a Frenchman who for years got away with murdering backpackers in Thailand, India, Pakistan and Nepal. The Dutch embassy employee who finally tracked him down and the whole 6 episodes were superb.

Secondly, and not too many peoples viewing picks, as its all in French with sub-titles, but "Spiral", showing on BBC4 I-Player is a fantastic look at the French justice system and a team of French detectives and their lives is gripping television. Adult themed for good reason, well worth a look with 8 series and 84 episodes in total. Really enjoying it.

As I prefer to binge watch a series, I might wait until all the latest Line of Duty series is screened before watching it.
Another thumbs up for The Serpent.

I was disappointed with that final episode. I was expecting an Agatha Christie style shock reveal of H being Kate, or the wee donkey at the very least.
H is the CC and his new anti-corruption head DCS Grumpy Guts is his new kryptonite...
DSI Buckles was/is merely a cog in the machine, not the person that winds the spring.

LIFE ON MARS

H is the CC and his new anti-corruption head DCS Grumpy Guts is his new kryptonite...
DSI Buckles was/is merely a cog in the machine, not the person that winds the spring.
Too obvious. A good excuse for another series though.

Oasis: Supersonic documentary on Netflix. Defo a marmite band.

I F%€$ing Love them.

Two excellent series on the BBC I-Player
Firstly "The Serpent", a true story of a Frenchman who for years got away with murdering backpackers in Thailand, India, Pakistan and Nepal. The Dutch embassy employee who finally tracked him down and the whole 6 episodes were superb.

Secondly, and not too many peoples viewing picks, as its all in French with sub-titles, but "Spiral", showing on BBC4 I-Player is a fantastic look at the French justice system and a team of French detectives and their lives is gripping television. Adult themed for good reason, well worth a look with 8 series and 84 episodes in total. Really enjoying it.

As I prefer to binge watch a series, I might wait until all the latest Line of Duty series is screened before watching it.

Exactly what me & the Mrs did; a couple of months ago we were watching The Serpent (and really enjoying it) but coming to the end.

A friend gave us a strong recommendation to Spiral so we started on that next. Currently nearing the end of series 8. Excellent show.

Unfortunately not. I grew up in Manchester in their hay day and all my mates when to see them but I was into other things back then. ☺️

You?
3 times.
Glastonbury 95
Knebworth 96
Maine Rd 96

Knebworth was quality as we went on the Saturday which meant we could see The Prodigy and The Charlatans
The Maine Rd concert wasn’t as good due to Liam acting like a c**k.

We used to see Guisgsy around a lot because he lived in Mill Hill and frequently saw both the Gallagher brothers when we went on the sauce in Hampstead.
Good days!!

You said you were up to other things back then. What was that? Drugs or were you a closet rockabilly??

You said you were up to other things back then. What was that? Drugs or were you a closet rockabilly??
Hehe. Nothing that exciting I’m afraid. I was only bothered about being with Mrs Ant in my yoof (and buying our first house) to be wanting to goto concerts.

Tbh I only really liked Oasis’s music after they stopped touring and split. Many of my Manc mates adored them along with The Stone Roses, Happy Monday’s etc

Looking back I didn’t fully appreciate Manc music back then, my 15 year old daughter seems to play it all the time which is kinda cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom