What's Everyone Watching on TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just watched Help, and it was quite a hard watch at times, especially seeing my mum’s been in a care home over this covid period. Stephen Graham & Jodie Comer are both brilliant actors and gave cracking performances. Without giving any spoilers I didn’t enjoy the last 20 minutes or so, but I guess it just highlighted the hopelessness of the situation.

Really Enjoyed Gone Fishing tonight. It’s turned into our fav relaxing 30 minutes of weekly TV. 😊

Just watching Vigil on BBC1. Really enjoying it, but who the hell did the research for the set? That submarine must be the size of a North Sea Ferry!

Castle on Disney, on series 3 of 8 at the moment. Very light entertainment but it while away the time without having to think too hard.

Just watched the Netflix documentary/ film Schumacher after todays Russian GP.
Very well made, and great insight into Schumacher the driver and Schumacher the family man. Two very separate people.
He has a very caring wife and children, but will be forever tainted as being a win at all costs even if it means cheating driver.

Just watched the Netflix documentary/ film Schumacher after todays Russian GP.
Very well made, and great insight into Schumacher the driver and Schumacher the family man. Two very separate people.
He has a very caring wife and children, but will be forever tainted as being a win at all costs even if it means cheating driver.

One man’s “cheat" is another's “hard competitor”.

Is it a bit like taking a dive while playing soccer and pretending to be injured?

Enjoying “Money Heist” on Netflix at the moment.

One man’s “cheat" is another's “hard competitor”.

Is it a bit like taking a dive while playing soccer and pretending to be injured?
I'd call deliberately driving into your rival cheating. He did it not once but twice.
The very fact he was disqualified from the 1997 WDC sort of proves the FIA thought the same.
You may call it being a hard competitor, I don't.

Footballers diving to gain an advantage is cheating as well. What else would you call it?

Really Enjoyed Gone Fishing tonight. It’s turned into our fav relaxing 30 minutes of weekly TV. 😊

Just listened to Desert Island Discs with Bob Mortimer as guest. Episode from February 2019 available as a podcast on BBC Sounds.

Very amusing anecdotes with some touching moments and an interesting selection of discs.

He’s enormously likeable.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with the acting or the cast. I think the script was a bit 💩
And the set was a joke, especially to anybody who knows about boats! (Submarines are "boats" in Naval parlance) the uniforms and badges/insignia were all over the place too. Finally, a boat with no backup Comms system? Really?
We enjoyed the programme though.

P.s. documentary on c4 or c5 catch-up shows what it's really like - Submarine - A Life Between The Waves

Just listened to Desert Island Discs with Bob Mortimer as guest. Episode from February 2019 available as a podcast on BBC Sounds.

.He’s enormously likeable.
churchill-oh-yes.gif

Or rather, what I'm NOT watching

Sadly, SWMBO adores I'm A Nobody (sorry, Celebrity) Get Me Out Of Here. Luckily she records it so at least can FF the adverts. With that and Strictly.........,

And yes, "different folks, different strokes" but at least Strictly displays some form of talent. I cannot see one iota of entertainment in Celebrity. IMHO there is some potential in the basic idea, but eating penii and testicles?

/Rant Off

Just watched a re-run of this. I enjoyed it the first time, and even more the second time. Rich Hall - got to love him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom