What's everyone's take on this ? ? ? ? ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wonder if this guy is actually 13 years old and mis posted his 500 word story to MB club and not BBC Radio 2.

Some very unkind comments on this thread

I had a chap arrive once with an Excel scatter chart of W124 prices plotted showing my prices with respect to the average as shown on Autotrader. I thought it a little extreme but we all look at things in different ways. He was (I assume) used to working in Excel so he used it as a tool to examine how my pricing differed from others

Nick Froome

Personally if I were selling a car, I wouldn't care what the guy came with as long as he had some cash in his pocket, ready to do a sensible deal, and wasn't a timewaster :):):)

On another note, Justin, I think we have met when I came to pick up an interior door trim from from you ....your car is certainly nice :)

Last edited:
I think this carefully contrived gobbldegook has the mark of a certain politician, once a deputy prime minister in fact, who has gone up in the world and now wants two Jags and a Merc...
But do we not have to presume that the guy is a Forum member with more time on his hands than is good for him (and us) and as such is laughing his socks off that his wind-up is getting a far wider audience than he could possibly have hoped for?
Come on man, show yourself - in words of one syllable please and one paragraph of five lines max please!
And Setanta give him a break - your riposte was even funnier than his. So similar in style, it could have come from the same hand - he would have been proud of that effort. :dk:

Anyone who writes a essay like that are not going to be the most laid back of customers, I had someone buy a A4 estate from me who was like that, I got the bonnet resprayed as there was 6 little chips in the very front (112k mile car btw) and I should have known then what a nightmare he would have been.
Sold it in the February, and in the following december he called me asking for his money back as the front right wishbone needed replacing.
Sorry??
He was serious, he then threatened me with solicitors and all sorts, so I said 'Go for it!'.

He hassled me for nearly 8 weeks on and off, in the end I got pretty nasty with the guy, but he was starting to worry me a bit as he just wasn't right in the head.

He had even done 22,000 miles since picking it up from me. Muppet! :D

wow asked for his money back. thats nuts. thats the thing with some poeple they expect to buy a car and never have to spend money on running it without blaming someone else

Anyone who writes a essay like that are not going to be the most laid back of customers, I had someone buy a A4 estate from me who was like that, I got the bonnet resprayed as there was 6 little chips in the very front (112k mile car btw) and I should have known then what a nightmare he would have been.
Sold it in the February, and in the following december he called me asking for his money back as the front right wishbone needed replacing.
Sorry??
He was serious, he then threatened me with solicitors and all sorts, so I said 'Go for it!'.

He hassled me for nearly 8 weeks on and off, in the end I got pretty nasty with the guy, but he was starting to worry me a bit as he just wasn't right in the head.

He had even done 22,000 miles since picking it up from me. Muppet! :D
Yep I can confirm that people like this really do exist. I had a customer who thought I should repair a generator for him for nothing after he had operated it daily for over 5 years. he had other piece of equipment that developed a fault after being powered up constantly for 7 years, he thought I should be responsible for that too. No right thinking person behaves this way and so you can best cope with the apparent stupidity by understanding that they are most likely mentally ill.

Personally if I were selling a car, I wouldn't care what the guy came with as long as he had some cash in his pocket, ready to do a sensible deal, and wasn't a timewaster :):):)

On another note, Justin, I think we have met when I came to pick up an interior door trim from from you ....your car is certainly nice :)

Yes I remember you mate :thumb: I wished I had never sold them door trims as I needed one recently :(
Never mind, I take it that you still have your 202 still ?

even if they are genuine its the first thing id have to change, 18s make the 202 look a lot better imho not taking anything away from yours i actually really like this car becasue of what it is, i respect the work and effort put in i just feel that £4k is a bit steep at that mileage but it probly owes you more than that so i can see where your coming from with the asking price. as i said before good luck with your sale... i was originally hoping you sell this to me(dont know if you remember me asking you about it lol) but i found a mint c200 with 60k on it for 1600 quid fmbsh. absolute minter.

Well I sold it today mate to the first person to come around and see it :D

£3,800 :bannana: :bannana:

I would still like to see some pictures of you interior, and I do remember you pm'ing about buying my car :thumb:

Well I sold it today mate to the first person to come around and see it :D

£3,800 :bannana: :bannana:

I would still like to see some pictures of you interior, and I do remember you pm'ing about buying my car :thumb:

dude you done so well i got a 2001 fully loaded w203 C240 V6 with 60k on it for £2500 it really is loaded with command heated seats electric memory package, even electric steering wheel. will get some pics of the interior for you mate.

dude you done so well i got a 2001 fully loaded w203 C240 V6 with 60k on it for £2500 it really is loaded with command heated seats electric memory package, even electric steering wheel. will get some pics of the interior for you mate.

You got alot of car for the money there mate :thumb: but a W203 ain't my cup of tea.
Look forward to seeing the interior pictures

Sorry Justin , i have decided i no longer wish to purchase your car , as you appear to be a very fussy seller. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom