Whats Good about Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacCLS500

Car
CLS500
During the last 10 years I have owned mainly Volvo's and for 3 years I owned an S Type R until I purchased my last Volvo V70 T5 in 2010. My partner and self visited a Mercedes dealer to view a second hand Cayenne which was crap so we decided against. SWMBO was looking at some Mercedes in the Showroom at Jays in Nuneaton and she was completely sold so when I purchased my 1st CLS500 in 2011 she loved it especially the seats. I viewed another S Type R last week and fortunately the deal did not work out so I am keeping my CLS untill I can purchase a AMG version. OK that the background, Since owning the Mercedes I have viewed the quality in comparison to Volvo,s and Jaguars and on relection the quality of the Mercedes exceeds the quality of Volvo or Jaguar. Not an expert but it just appears that the general build quality is far superior to any car I have owned. I was again surprised what £15k will buy.I have no concern anout petrol consumption so I am looking at anything over 5ltr supercharged or if the right one comes along will pay a bit more. I think once you go Mercedes you stay Mercedes.
I just thought I would share my todays thoughts.

I would say that Mercedes customer service is what sets them apart from other car manufacturers.

Similar to Lexus.

I was again surprised what £15k will buy.I have no concern anout petrol consumption so I am looking at anything over 5ltr supercharged or if the right one comes along will pay a bit more.

Would this be the right one? MERCEDES AMG | eBay

The quality and quantity of the rust is far superior to most other manufacturers. In the mid-seventies Datsun had a good try at emulating the Mercedes (it's all your fault) rust. Unfortunately Datsun realised that it was actually all their fault. Mercedes are still working towards this conclusion. In the meantime they will sell you an almost worthless anti-corrosion warranty. This is valid almost to the point that your rear wheels leave the dealers forecourt.

I just love driving my Mercedes.

It has grace, power and comfort. All switches feel right and are in a logical place.

It goes like a train and stops quickly.

Shame about the rust issues however. They can be attended to though ...

Style, grace, comfort, durability, presence.

If you need to be seen getting there drive a BMW. If you have arrived you drive a Mercedes.

most impressive is the engineering integrity.

the way everything is well thought out.

everytime I walk under my CLS, I marvel at its amazingness

What sets it apart from other marques is the attention to details that most customers will never notice. I frequently takes my cars apart, but only my mercedeses are built well enough to actually reassemble to the exact same state as before disassembly.
On the Hondas, Volvos and Saabs i worked on, there's always the little pieces that you have to break (or break all on their own) to get the car apart for fixing it innards.

Example is the interior such as dash or door cards, there are no visible screws, but unlike other manifacturers, the interior is tightly screwed together, you just have to know where the screws are. On other marques, there's no other way but to break things if you need to fix e.g. a power window, and if the car is a few years old, good luck on getting all the clips and fittings!

Same goes for most if not all of the car.

Just a note about MB customer service: it's seems a UK peculiarity. Friends living on the continent have only praise for their MB dealers. And even so, there are good dealers here is well - it just tskes awhile to find them.

Even after my current Mercedes I am buying another, that says a lot.

The cars are good, thats it. They are safe, comfortable, good fun to drive, economical and after researching other models not as bad as I originally thought.

They feel relaxed and yet fun on the road, I've always enjoyed driving Mercedes cars and I've driven the lot practically from A class, to CLS AMG, C63 to C320cdi and C220cdi (as of Saturday), E220cdi to E500 etc. All are pleasant and nice.

They feel relaxed and yet fun on the road, I've always enjoyed driving Mercedes cars and I've driven the lot practically from A class, to CLS AMG, C63 to C320cdi and C220cdi (as of Saturday), E220cdi to E500 etc. All are pleasant and nice.

You WILL own an S Class at some point in your life Steve. :thumb:

There is something to looking down the bonnet and the gun sight. I still find myself drawn back to the classifieds.

I wonder if the S80 could be swapped for a W210 E320 cdi...

You WILL own an S Class at some point in your life Steve. :thumb:

Remember my old mans new car thread.

He keeps them for four years, in four years I'll try to have amassed enough funds to take it off him.

I adore the car ;)

Still dead excited about my C class though:thumb::thumb:

Remember my old mans new car thread.

He keeps them for four years, in four years I'll try to have amassed enough funds to take it off him.

I adore the car ;)

Still dead excited about my C class though:thumb::thumb:

That's the spirit !!!!!

I truly hope that your new car meets your expectations.

Don't drive your dad's car too often .........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom