Whats Good about Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's the spirit !!!!!

I truly hope that your new car meets your expectations.

Don't drive your dad's car too often .........

I'm realistic. The C class won't match the S class for refinement or ride quality, but right now, in my 20's its not something I crave massively otherwise I'd be replacing with another 211.

I'm expecting a nimble, fun, moderately powerful practical RWD estate car that should be reliable and comfortable and hushed enough to tour in. Driven enough C class 204's to know its practically 211 comfortable but a more lively and engaging car to drive.

Plus we read very little issues with them and a lot are on big miles and its not new to the market (and mines an 09, they came out in 07 so teething issues won't be present in mine).

I'll text you on Saturday with an update on the new car.

There is something to looking down the bonnet and the gun sight. I still find myself drawn back to the classifieds.

I wonder if the S80 could be swapped for a W210 E320 cdi...

What about a W211 sport. Jay will be taking in my old car. Its not new, but most of it is....:bannana::bannana:

SHMBO has a 2009 Mazda Sport 2 which for some wierd reason she loves. It amazes me how it stays fixed together when you look at the details. I hate driving it but we also use it for town driving instead of the CLS. I do not have a great deal of mechanical knoweldge of todays motors I did in the 60,s & 70,s when I raced Mini,s. But as a designer I have a very good eye for detail and during the last year have looked at many of the newer Mercedes and have a great deal of praise for the detailing. Even the engine compartment is well thought out. I do struggle sometimes with the variety of vehicles that Mercedes market but learning as time goes by. SHMBO is on board for a CLS63 so that 2/3 of the battle done. For some wierd reason she will not drive it, very strange.

Mercland had a CLS55 some days ago but with mileage at 100000 put me off a bit. Again a great car.

only been under it a few times

I've seen my S500 on a ramp a few times and been impressed at the attention to detail.

I've also seen under a similar vintage 911 and been horrified. Lovely skin, horrible undercarriage.

LTD said:
I've seen my S500 on a ramp a few times and been impressed at the attention to detail.

I've also seen under a similar vintage 911 and been horrified. Lovely skin, horrible undercarriage.

You see very little, Mercedes fit flat under trays, great for economy.

all my mercs have been and are what i call "the older" mercs. W123, R107... old fashioned nuts and bolts cars and as such they have always been super reliable and whenever anything has gone wrong or needed repairing / maintaining, relatively easy to fix by myself or a good old fashioned mechanic. Newer mercs: i've only ever heard horror stories about them and i dont think i could afford to maintain one or the depreciation no matter how great a car they may be.

I thought that the undertray was stop all rust from falling on your driveway.

Noooo, it's to chafe on the transmission fluid pipes on your automatic S211 so it pisses out all over the road

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom