What's involved in replacing a w202 front wing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
Not going to tackle this myself, but before going to a bodyshop, wondered what's involved.

I would like to replace my drivers side front wing. It has numerous defects and replacement is probably the way to go.

So, do they bolt on? Does anything else (apart from plastic in wheelarch etc) have to come off?

Is MB the only place to source an original panel?

Last edited:
GrahamC230K said:
Not going to tackle this myself, but before going to a bodyshop, wondered what's involved.

I would like to replace my drivers side front wing. It has numerous defects and replacement is probably the way to go.

So, do they bolt on? Does anything else (apart from plastic in wheelarch etc) have to come off?

Is MB the only place to source an original panel?
Ask for a quote to have the current one repaired, bearing in mind that it's already painted and already fits.

A2028810301 : FRONT FENDER (L) : EUR 136.07
A2028810401 : FRONT FENDER (R) : EUR 136.07

Those wings already have the holes in for the indicators :)

EDIT: added pic

2nd EDIT: those part numbers are for the non-AMG wings. If you'd like wings that are pre-rolled for use with AMG wheels then it's a different part number ;)

Attachments

• w202fender.jpg
    w202fender.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Is it possible to order wings without repeator holes over here?

Do you have any pics of the damage, it may well be cheaper/easier and possibly a better result (depending on the body shop - thinking of alignment and gaps etc) by keeping the original panel and having it repaired.

Good luck :)

Will

KillerHERTZ said:
Yes, you can order anything here!

It's cheaper to have the existing wings welded up and painted though. Only about £150 for the job compared to having to buy two new wings for nearly £200 then get them painted and fitted.

KillerHERTZ said:

thats what I did ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom