whats it worth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hindesbeans

Car
E220 & SLK230
Hi
Mercedes have offered me £3500 for my Blue 51 plate C200K as seen here. It Has just recieved the following all under 8 year good will corrosion warranty.
2x brand new front wings
2x rear wheel arches repaired
boot lid repaired around stop lamp
all 4 door bottom door sills repaired.
It is like a new car to be honest.
Its a petrol, manual with 85k on the clock with full service history.
parktronic front and back
xenon lights
split folding rear seats
6 disc changer
+ all usual toys for elegance
What do feel it is worth private???
your opinions would be appreciated.:thumb:

Last edited:
sad, but depends how you look at it
1/ your pride and joy in A1 condition
2/ 8yr old car thats been sprayed up
its sad as i say but with fewer buyers around trade in values are low at least you can look on the bright side if it were a lesser make it would only be worth a few hundred quid.
i give you my best wishes and hope you can get a better price private

I was being offered as low as €2000 for my 2001 E class Avantgarde , it seems that used car prices in the UK are very strong at the monent , while there still on the floor over here .

To be honest, this is NOT a good advert from a premium brand.

All these bodywork repairs are on an 7-8 year old car, which in this day and age with all the technology we have available is totally unacceptable. I have a 1985 Nissan pick up without a spot of rust on it.

The cost to the dealer in this particular case must run into the thousands.

How many other cars has this happenend to?. Too many.

How many Passats, A4's, A6's or BMW's do you see with this much rust?.

And yet we still have dealers trying to wriggle out of rectifying rust probs on an 8 year old car, because it 'hasn't got full dealer service history'.

Sorry, rant over.

Hi Darrell, i quite agree that for a premium brand this amount of rust is totally unacceptable, :crazy: but it seems the cost cutting days are over now and the quality has returned.:bannana:

As for getting the corrosion warranty work done only with full MB service history, this is not the case.
MB have good will 8 year corrosion warranty - my car was 7y 11m 1week old!
it only had MB service history 1st four years then indie for the next four, but they were all up to date with book stamped.
MB has paid for all of the work with a zero % contribution from myself, the bill i am assured is in excess of £2500.
Very chuffed, but it is time to update anyway and now seems a perfect time while she is in mint condition.:)

Last edited:
see what 'webuyanycar.com' will offer you for it. this will give you an indication of whether the dealer's offering is good or bad. both quotes should be similar.

see what others are selling for (look on completed items on ebay and autotrader adverts etc). i've always found this the best way to value its real worth to buyers rather than glass's guide etc etc

IMO a dealer is not going to put an 8 year old / 85k mile car on their forecourt. So they would need to sell it on (directly, or via auction) ... hence the low offer.

As above, look at similar cars for sale privately to get an idea what you might get that way. Bear in mind though that cars often don't sell at their advertised price

Its a great looking car.
The only point where it gets a thumbs down from me (in my opinion) is that its a manual.

That value you were quoted from MB - is that against a new trade-in, a second hand trade-in or just a straight purchase?
I would guess the three options would each have a different value, the most being against a new car trade-in and the least being a straight purchase.

Hi There Dave,
the px price is against a 3 yo E220cdi. initial offer for the C200k was just 3k but as i pointed out to them it has come out of their bodyshop looking as good as new. So they alledgedly made a few calls to independants that they deal with and managed to secure £3500.
BTB 500 is quite correct that it is both too old and too many miles on it for them to put it on their forecourt.
Thanks all for inputs, but the deal is now done and in a few days hopefully i should take delivery of my new car.......... can't wait

So long as you're happy with the deal, that's the only thing that matters really. Good luck with the new car!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom