'What's Its True Power' Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevo5

Car
E63S
So after reading and watching much about how AMG's put out more power than advertised (Alpina are also infamous for doing this) I decided to get mine dyno'd. Went to Dyno Developments in Stevenage for some power runs:
IMG_1759.jpg
Car is 100% stock (sourced from MB Lister) but they were impressed at the WHP. I'm still a little confused as to the exact guestimate of true power (they explained it well but I wasnt paying the best attention I have to admit) - can anyone have a go please? The torque figures impress me the most (especially the last run in purple on the right-hand graph) and obviously way above the claimed 627lb-ft. The car is devastatingly fast and for a 2 ton 5m barge its mind boggling-especially the handling as well. These cars are epic and that's me coming from Audi RS.
Mine is a one previous owner and they never launched it or did any timed runs on the system as the history log is clear (unless the dealership cleared everything). Luckily a new owner of another 2019 estate has done and put his figures up on Pistonheads (hope he doesn't mind!):
Nkn6nemM.jpg

I can't think of many stock cars (especially estates) that can produce those figures. 0-100 in 6.7 are what a heavily tuned RS6 V10 would put out. I cannot imagine what a tuned one of these would feel like and it's not a path I intend going down-I wanted a car I didn't have to mess with and was out of the box savage. This ticks almost every box.
Just to confirm this I really upset a new BMW M4 owner on a private road who a) couldn't lose me and then when he let me past (wouldn't look at me at all so he wasn't happy) b) couldn't catch me. There's always something faster etc but these monsters are insane.

They don't know the actual drivetrain losses so in this case they've assumed 20%. The figures at the wheel are divided by 0.8 to get an estimate of the flywheel figures.

Given the 20% is a guess the numbers seem about right for stock but you cannot say with any certainty that they're over. Does at least confirm it seems healthy.

I guess I'll have to some timed tests myself but all I know is this is the quickest car I've ever owned by some margin.

I took my 2020 E63S on the A142 and as bad as it was (warm tires, gearbox and engine though) I managed to get similar 0-60 times ... I did one pull at 3.3 seconds and second one was 3.12 ... not bad for a 2 tonne estate ....

I am going to Germany tomorrow to see family and I am driving the e63s for the first time abroad ... naturally I want to see what the vmax is too lol

(no I am not an autobahn tourist - I grew up next to it lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom