whats my wifes car worth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

APM

Car
cls55amg
:)Cls55 amg,indium grey,cashmere interior.full mb service history.full warranty(tier 1) until sept10,tax sept10,next service in 3k (A service)
95k miles,a stunning car in A1 condition,for pictures see members gallery(Apm cls55)i couldn't get them to here,these piccys were last sept the car is a lot better now as is polished properly.thanks in advance///

Doesn't it depend on age, colour, interior colour, options, etc?

EDIT. Doh! Colour and interior are in the post. Ignore me.

:)Cls55 amg,indium grey,cashmere interior.full mb service history.full warranty(tier 1) until sept10,tax sept10,next service in 3k (A service)
95k miles,a stunning car in A1 condition,for pictures see members gallery(Apm cls55)i couldn't get them to here,these piccys were last sept the car is a lot better now as is polished properly.thanks in advance///

sorry it on a 56 plate,also has airmatic,i think the only things it doesn't have are TV and massage/chilled seats.

After looking at similar cars on Autotrader i would say about 25k.

Last edited:
95K miles...will hit it, have you had a P/X price as a guide?

23k+ miles a year!
How do you manage to do that?

Personaly thats a huge put off, not that i could afford a motor like that i the 1st place though.

"23k+ miles a year!

Personaly thats a huge put off . . ."

That's more attractive than offputting, given that it must have been done with plenty of healthy long trips and not by the unhealthy short trips that would explain 2.3k miles a year. With a good service history, the car is still barely a teenager.

This mileage is acceptable on these handbuilt engines it has 9 service stamps in the book and was being serviced every 3 months at one stage,we have had a trade in price from a few dealers .will post the results and outcome later.

"23k+ miles a year!

Personaly thats a huge put off . . ."

That's more attractive than offputting, given that it must have been done with plenty of healthy long trips and not by the unhealthy short trips that would explain 2.3k miles a year. With a good service history, the car is still barely a teenager.

I agree, i'd much rather buy a car thats done all of its milage up and down the motorway rather than pottering around, shopping trips, kids getting out = lots of wear and tear on the engine, bodywork and interior. High motorway milers are great buys!

No matter what we might think of cars that have done a lot of (assumed ...) motorway miles, 95,000 in three to three and a half years WILL affect the value to some extent.

My brother does 55-60K a year, unlucky for him its not in a CLS55 :)

I agree, it will have a huge knock on value as over 100K puts most people off normal cars, on something likley to cost a lot to fix.

Given this is 25K at a garage, half the miles...

GP Cars : MERCEDES-BENZ CLS CLS55 4DR AUTO AMG SATNAV XENONS

I would say £20K to 22K private and dread to think the p/x price probably in the teens...

What are you swapping it for?

Currently a Jag X type 2.0d sport, He's had allsorts. The best was a lexus is200 NOTHING went wrong in 120K miles 18months.

He is hoping there is a Merc on his list next time :)

He also had a go at running a car himself, but the millage is just too great.

Currently a Jag X type 2.0d sport, He's had allsorts. The best was a lexus is200 NOTHING went wrong in 120K miles 18months.

He is hoping there is a Merc on his list next time :)

He also had a go at running a car himself, but the millage is just too great.[/QUOTE]

This is my problem, only car allowance available and 50k per year kills my cars. Was hoping for a few tips.

right we have had 4 prices,2 from MB,1from Audi we were after an e class convertible or an a5 cabriolet,1st mb salesman couldn't be bothered to get up from his desk and look and said it would be about 15k 2nd mb had a look round and 17.5k if we placed the order there and then but wouldn,t get the e class for a test unless we chose our spec and went through the prices first,my wife had a budget to 42k with no finance,and had spec'd one up online and wanted to test first,any way we left them and went to audi who confirmed within 10 minutes(a phone call) 19.250k and they were offering a dealer contribution of 3.5k of a new cab also had a test drive within 20 or so minutes , the deal was then duly done.My wife knows the a5 as she had one as a lone car for a month last year .The mileage adjustment for this car has hit it for aout 9k ,but we got it for a good price last sept .so in a weeks time the merc will be gone,it's a shame the 2 dealerships couldn't be bothered i think they need to change their attitudes,both these dealers were in the lookers group(surrey) i run my own company and if i treated my customers like this i'd be bust within months.Any way rant over LOL

Sounds like a good result.

It astounds me that so few sales people actually want to sell to people who want to buy!!?? :crazy:

Every time I read these type of stories I'm a little surprised.
Surely the sales staff are on commission, so I don't understand why they are so apathetic. Is the bonus on a £40k chicken feed?

I would like to add a little to this post. In January I spotted an E280 CDi Sport a little up on miles but not greatly so. The dealer not MB was about 2 1/2 Hours away so by phone and email we were working close to a deal but this was the killer, when I asked about the condition of the tyres all I got was they are legal, so I asked him to measuer the tread depth the reply was I do not have any tools to do it. So I then make an offer taking in to account replacing 4 x 18" tyres or the dealer to replace them if they needed as the mileage would suggest before going to look over the car. The dealer said no,to both options may be I was lucky as that car is still for sale possibly something wrong with it. Customer service they just don't seem to care.

All these stories only adds to my own back in 2009 when I was about to sign the dotted line for 2 new MB's (A class for wife + ML for me) based on the lease quotes I had been given when sales manager suddenly say that the rates quoted are only for instock cars and rate would be "at least £300 a month more"! This despite me telling him that I wanted factory order only and not some car that has been sat for 3 months in Tilbury.

I told him to take his quotes and stuff them where the sun doesn't shine and walked away. :mad:

So MB lost 2 cars and do they care? No. :doh:

Walked into Volvo, received a fantastic service and bought two new cars (S40 and XC60). Also got free insurance, free servicing for 3 years etc etc etc on both cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom