What's that box??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m_chalubowicz

Car
1996 W210
Guys
please have a look at picture
can anybody tell me what is that box marked on the picture?
media2.JPG
We are talking about 1996 E230
Car is running ok but spotted oily stains on this box.
What is it and what may this stains come from??
Kind Regards

checked it and seems to be a cover of something
sorry
but still has some oil patches/stains
and engine is full of these

It's just a cover over hte throttle body and manifold to make it look pretty.

The stains are because it's right next to the oil filler cap.

Clean the engine down with a degreaser and water hose then check the breather pipes are clear to ensure there is no build up of crankcase pressure causing oil to blow out of seals.

It's just a cover over hte throttle body and manifold to make it look pretty.

The stains are because it's right next to the oil filler cap.

Clean the engine down with a degreaser and water hose then check the breather pipes are clear to ensure there is no build up of crankcase pressure causing oil to blow out of seals.

breather pipes - are these the ones coming from left hand side (looking at picture) air filter to that cover?
Can I just pour water on the engine? cold engine of course but wont it cause any electrical issues?

breather pipes - are these the ones coming from left hand side (looking at picture) air filter to that cover?
Can I just pour water on the engine? cold engine of course but wont it cause any electrical issues?

Use something like Gunk or Jizer then spray off with water. Avoid over wetting electrical parts, especially the HT leads but it should be ok.

one of Club professionals will have a look at the vehicle shortly and will keep you updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom