What's the best and the worst Christmas presents you've been given?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reggie-rock

Car
2015 E Class coupe 220 diesel bluetec, 2009 Mitsubishi Colt 1.3
It all happened one Christmas when I was about 8 years old. The best was a Corgi model of a Mark 10 Jaguar in red and the worst was a leather football which is a sport I have never liked or played.

Best: My daughter on Christmas Eve some years ago
Worst: Don't have one - they were all given to me with thought :0

I don't know about best, but most remarkable...I was given 4 felt tip marker pens for Christmas 1969...I still have them and they still work!

Worst - Being an only child, being given aboard game that needs 6 players
Best - Helicopter lessons

The worst thing I ever got was a moo box from my brother !
Meuh_box.JPG

We were both in our 20's at the time ! I'd bought him a CD, and he gives me that !!

Last edited:
Best - Polistil Renault Alpine 110 in 1976 (still have it in the box)
Worst - A wallet - spend months looking a replacement wallet after mine was stolen - needed to be a particular type. My mum bought me one. Just "a wallet". £5 at best. I said something like "I have spent months looking for the one i like without luck and you think this £5 c**p from the market is what i couldn't find"...... in my head.... i actually said thanks.
... I will get over it one day.

Best - Polistil Renault Alpine 110 in 1976 (still have it in the box)
Worst - A wallet - spend months looking a replacement wallet after mine was stolen - needed to be a particular type. My mum bought me one. Just "a wallet". £5 at best. I said something like "I have spent months looking for the one i like without luck and you think this £5 c**p from the market is what i couldn't find"...... in my head.... i actually said thanks.
... I will get over it one day.

Just in case you need another wallet at some stage, have a look at Slim Leather Wallets by Bellroy

Worst: being told by parents they would buy new front door to my first house I was doing up, then they never actually bought it.

Best: tickets to see ****nal at the emirates.

At least your parents had the foresight to want to buy you something.

At least your parents had the foresight to want to buy you something.

That us true, although they did stop buying presents when I got to secondary school. Never did me any harm and never missed it. Apart from the front door.

My grandmother, bless her nylon socks, always used to buy M&S Y fronts that were either several sizes too small or large, without any rime or reason, but being M&S they were soon swapped for something else.

I wish family members would stop buying me wine though. Give the tiny amount I drink nowadays I want to drink the best I have, not end up with yet more prizes for a raffle. It's horribly ungrateful and I know it's the thought that counts, but in this case it's the absence of thought - they know I have more wine than I can conceivably drink and I have told them numerous times not to buy me anything.

Attachments

• IMG_1056.jpg
    IMG_1056.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom