Whats the best way to apply/remove mid range wax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cplnoonoo

Car
Merc C180K Sportcoupe SE
Im looking to possibly replendish my supply of megs gold class liquid wax but looking on various forums etc the CG XXX Hardcore wax seems to be pretty hot stuff for a great price.

My only query with getting a paste as opposed to a liquid is that it cant be applied by a DA but can it be buffed using a finishing pad?

Also does hand applying, using a foam pad, something like the CG XXX or megs #26 high tech paste wax do a better job than applying a liquid version(any suggestions welcome) by a DA? I guess applying with DA would be quicker but im not looking for speed im looking for the best finish.

You dont need to apply wax or sealants with a da if the surface has been prepared properly there should be no difference in the end reuslts

DA is best used for polishing or applying glazes imo

Hi

Why is it so important to apply/remove by DA? You will still need to buff by hand anyway even if you removed using the DA.

The CG XXX wax is pretty good, you should also look at Bilt Hamber AutoBalm which is very good value for money.

Which ever product you decide to go for, they are both very easy to apply and buff off.

Regards
Elite Detailer Team:)

Just wondered if it would be quicker but still have the best finish if i applied with a da. Guess ill stick to applying by hand.

@Elite - is the tiny megs yellow foam pads adequate to apply the CG XXX or should i go for a bigger pad? I still have the single megs pad that i got with the bottle of gold class liquid wax but have never used it...i have always used the circular microfibre app pads that megs sell in pairs to apply the wax and a clean one to buff up 1st then a sonus towel to do the final buff.

Just wondered if it would be quicker but still have the best finish if i applied with a da. Guess ill stick to applying by hand.

@Elite - is the tiny megs yellow foam pads adequate to apply the CG XXX or should i go for a bigger pad? I still have the single megs pad that i got with the bottle of gold class liquid wax but have never used it...i have always used the circular microfibre app pads that megs sell in pairs to apply the wax and a clean one to buff up 1st then a sonus towel to do the final buff.

Hi

Yes the small Meguiars pads are fine. Gurcharn uses these very pads himself also.

Regards
Elite Detailer Team :)

I think ive got my mind set on either #26 hi tech or CG XXX as a paste wax. As for liquids well i know that it doesnt stand up against any paste in terms of durability and shine but if applying by doesnt make much difference then i reckon i would be just aswell going with a paste and putting in the best effort to get it done properly.

Hoping for a decent weekend coming up and will get a good detail started. Will have to work around F1 so not expecting to get much done lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom