Whats the best way to change the fuel filter on a w176

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike954

Car
Mercedes A180 2017 Diesel Automatic
Hi guys. I brought a fuel filter for my A180 its a 2017 Diesel. Before I remove anything, I inspected and made sure I was able to do the job. Usually I do these on my other cars, o I was confident.

Anyway, there is what seems to be a ratining clip the holds the pipe highlighted in the picture. Now its different from all the others in the sense that its not a clip on. My question is how do I get it off? Is it at number one or two, please see the picture below. I have looked online but nobody has shown how to do it.

20201009_193756.jpg

Thank yiu all

When I did mine, you just leave that pipe as it is , connect the fuel lines and jobs done.

When I did mine, you just leave that pipe as it is , connect the fuel lines and jobs i understand.

Thank you onefortheroad. But as seen on the picture, number 1 or 2 must be disconnected to get the old filter out of the car. I have seen number 2 connected near battery and I thought I'd disconnect it. Sorry am I making myself clear here?

The new filters comes without that black wire

As seen on this picture, number 1 is connected there and must be disconnected to get the fuel filter out because number 2 is connected somewhere near the battery

20201009_202127.jpg

It’s just a bleed tube. It won’t be connected to anything at the battery, it’s just clipped there. It’s held to the filter with a wire clip. You can use a small pick to lift the wire clip up and off (don’t lose it, it can ping). Once the wire clip is off the hose just pulls away.

It’s just a bleed tube. It won’t be connected to anything at the battery, it’s just clipped there. It’s held to the filter with a wire clip. You can use a small pick to lift the wire clip up and off (don’t lose it, it can ping). Once the wire clip is off the hose just pulls away.
Thank you jobsworth. Much more clearer. So just to clarify, the clip is removed using something small enough to get undereath it and pushing up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom