Whats the deal with Red??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That was the kind of transition period in '99 on the CLK .

The car needs to be a '00 W to be sure that its a facelift.

I agree, Red is a bit of dodgy colour durabilty wise. My V Class has been waxed regularly from new and has faded down from Piedmont Red to Piedmont Pink. Also this new water based paint is nothing like as tough as cellulose, my bonnet had the chipped paint effect as well, very easy to chip it.

Originally posted by jaymanek
Thanks guys, i think i like the red....

Ok so i have choices:

Do i go for a 1999 T but with high miles (75K) or a 97/98 with 50Kish miles - similar prices???

The newer cars have the tiptronic box, other small things

Roughly how many miles do you do in a year,If its not many I'd be inclined to go for the newer one and enjoy all the toys.:D

ours is red still shiny and not faded to pink over the years

Ah, but yours is a real Mercedes, mines a cheap spanish replica ;-)

Theres a 00' Red CLK at the Cambridge MB dealer, its been there for months and months, noone wants it, it looks cheap, like a Vauxhall, yet the Sliver ones go within a week...

Does anyone have any pictures of a Magma red W203? Preferably Elegance or Avantgarde as I think the body coloured door handles and extra chrome strips would make it look the business in red.

There's a Magma red C180 Classic around my way and it looks nice but the black door handles, "classic" grille and lack of chrome detracts from the overall look somewhat.

IMHO red cars ROCK! :cool:

Originally posted by zygote
Does anyone have any pictures of a Magma red W203? Preferably Elegance or Avantgarde as I think the body coloured door handles and extra chrome strips would make it look the business in red.

There's a Magma red C180 Classic around my way and it looks nice but the black door handles, "classic" grille and lack of chrome detracts from the overall look somewhat.

IMHO red cars ROCK! :cool:

Is this of any interest? Personally I think black door handles look great:D

Not a bright red - or even solid colour

BUT - Almadine and cream is still my favourite colour combination for an SL - just couldnt find one to suit my budget when I was looking :(

Mark

My cars bright red and a manual.
So according to some of the posts I will find it difficult to sell

O well will just have to suffer it for a few more years:D :D :D

and MBZ says his red car might be hard to sell?? If you are looking for a buyer pick me........please, ha ha. Seen it, drooled over it and have the pics to prove it. But seriously Red is for me an ok color but needs constant looking after as in Zymol etc.

I went for red/chrome..230 komp

clk208magma.jpg

I think the silver/blue perception of Mercs is changing. People are now looking for an individual colour, as they all seem to be silver/blue, and the reds now stand out.

I think a red merc = a more individual, younger take on the brand!

I say, if it floats your boat, go for it:bannana: :bannana:

Ha! I've just noticed it's 4 yrs old. Jay asking US for advice about Mercs eh?!

On this topic, anyone seen the older ('00 ish) CLKS with a red dash and wheel? Bit marmite if you ask me!

White

I think white will make a come back on small and mid-size cars, spotted loads in Florida (all sizes of Mercs - Es especially) I guess the sun and heat make it a sensible colour, I have to say they looked quite good. Also spotted a brand new 3 series in white locally, I bet that took some persuading at the dealer, however it was quite impressive looking.

Mike

Hi All,
Sorry but I've been hibernating for about 4 years.

I like red but feel that it does fade a bit and goes either white or pinkish.

I personally like Black, I have 3 black cars, W203, Vauxhall Omega and SMART 2/2 (Only for advertising purpose's HONEST)

Regards,

Alex.
Now off to hibernate for a few years:)

George Harrison always had black cars - even if the factory didn't offer the colour, mind you he could probably afford someone to clean them.

Mike

Love the red CLK's.
I think it shows the lines of the car better and makes it look more sporty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom