Whats the deal with Red??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think Henry Ford had the right idea when it came to colour.

I think Henry Ford had the right idea when it came to colour.
:D :devil: Red or Green? I don't think black or even silver were available when the first Fords were introduced?

Regards
John

The audi A3 in white with red leather is stunning.

Ha! I've just noticed it's 4 yrs old. Jay asking US for advice about Mercs eh?!
QUOTE]

And i did end up buying that Red Magma CLK 320, i loved it to bits, but someone offered me £2k more a few weeks later so i sold it... ive bought and sold mercs as far back as i remember and hence why a yr ago i left investment banking to start Mercland!

Its amazing how much ive learnt in 4 years and a lot of it thanks to this forum...

I like RED cars. :cool:

Well done Jay for going it alone.

:D :devil: Red or Green? I don't think black or even silver were available when the first Fords were introduced?

Regards
John

Taken from good old Wikipedia. :)
By 1918, half of all cars in America were Model T's. As Ford wrote in his autobiography, "Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black".

Taken from good old Wikipedia. :)
By 1918, half of all cars in America were Model T's. As Ford wrote in his autobiography, "Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black".
:) I think they are bering crafty and I thought that when the Ford T was FIRST produced black was NOT an optional colour. It took a time for black to be introduced.

I might have misunderstood that little bit of bar room gossip, but I think the 'Any colour as long as it's black' for the very first mass produced Ford T is one of those 'You can see the Great Wall of China' type myths. :)

Regards
John

And i did end up buying that Red Magma CLK 320, i loved it to bits, but someone offered me £2k more a few weeks later so i sold it... ive bought and sold mercs as far back as i remember and hence why a yr ago i left investment banking to start Mercland!

Its amazing how much ive learnt in 4 years and a lot of it thanks to this forum...

Any chance you would happen to have any pics of the Magma Red CLK 320. Would have really liked to see it.

By the way red is a great colour BUT needs high maintainance, regular polishing etc but then if you love you car which everyone here does then if you have got red not a problem for fadeing and oxidisation :cool:

CLKFront.jpg

Thanks for that quick response, i quite like it very unique and rare

I bet its not that shiny now though... it was mint, one owner and the guy i bought it off lived in a house that resembled the mansion in Frech Prince of Bel Air

I bet its not that shiny now though... it was mint, one owner and the guy i bought it off lived in a house that resembled the mansion in Frech Prince of Bel Air

Well you played the part of keeping it clean when you had it, cant help it if someone else is not polishing it and keeping it clean

Red cars only fade in the sunshine
So no danger of that happening this summer in Yorkshire

Red cars only fade in the sunshine
So no danger of that happening this summer in Yorkshire
Martin, I am still wearing the grin 2 years on.

For anyone who wants to see a REAL muscle car in RED. Wait till Martin brings THE 190 Brabus to a GTG in your area.

Red cars are nice as long as they're taken care of; my first car was a red ford orion *groan*, paint was faded everywhere, t-cut, over a few days, sorted it out. Best thing about solid colours is that you can t-cut scratches, which you can't do with metallic colours due to the laquer top coat.

Red cars are nice as long as they're taken care of; .
:eek: :eek: Speaking from experience.........

The solid red that is used on the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter offers very little, if any resistance to bleaching. Our vehicles are always polished at the very least once every six months but that is no protection. These comments only apply to solid colours and we were very pleased with the metallic red on the 210.

John

My Magma Red Clk 230 Komp

clk208magma.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom