What's the difference?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doo01

Car
CLS63s
Hi

Hoping someone can help shed some light on the below. Am looking to switch out my CLS 350 to a CLS 63.

CLS 350 - 486 SPORTS SUSPENSION
CLS 63 - 488 CHASSIS WITH STEEL/AIR SUSPENSION

From a ride comfort perspective, is there really a difference?

Thanks.

Definitely. The 63 will have air on the rear and springs on the front, whereas your 350 has the conventional, spring/shock set up.

The previous gen (219 55 AMG) had airmatic all round, is was noticeably more comfortable than the conventional set up.

Definitely. The 63 will have air on the rear and springs on the front, whereas your 350 has the conventional, spring/shock set up.

The previous gen (219 55 AMG) had airmatic all round, is was noticeably more comfortable than the conventional set up.
Thanks!! Does this also mean its susceptible to the issues known with air suspension? ABC issues?

You are focusing on the suspension, but I think you're likely to get a better ride on a CLS 350 than a CLS 63 simply because the CLS 63 will likely have larger wheels and lower-profile tyres. And at any rate people who buy a CLS 63 (or any other AMG car) rarely worry about ride comfort?

You are focusing on the suspension, but I think you're likely to get a better ride on a CLS 350 than a CLS 63 simply because the CLS 63 will likely have larger wheels and lower-profile tyres. And at any rate people who buy a CLS 63 (or any other AMG car) rarely worry about ride comfort?
Fair point. However they both have the same size wheels.

Thanks!! Does this also mean its susceptible to the issues known with air suspension? ABC issues?
It's always possible to have an air suspension issue. I have been driving two models with air suspension for around 8 years in total and have yet to have a problem (touch wood!)
The CLS model doesn't have ABC suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom