What's the furthest you would travel to get your car serviced?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLKforever

Car
CLK
I just got my car serviced at Wayne Gates, brilliant as always, but now I've moved to Kent it's a 130 mile round trip. And that got me thinking. If you moved house what's the furthest you would travel to get your car serviced.

I drove my CLS to Inverness last year - 220 miles round trip to have Moray Firth Motors do an excellent repair job on the engine. I need to make a plan for having them change the gearbox oil in the near future but should be able to get it back the same day this time.

My little A200 is serviced at the local MB, as it's on a Service Care Plan, but for anything else, including a thorough check-up, STAR diagnostic, any repair or replacement (A/C condenser last year) or any particularly serious stuff, I go to Olly at PCS - 240 miles round trip :thumb:

I just got my car serviced at Wayne Gates, brilliant as always, but now I've moved to Kent it's a 130 mile round trip. And that got me thinking. If you moved house what's the furthest you would travel to get your car serviced.

Now you are in Kent, you might wish to consider Steve Garlick in Mereworth.

Mercedes-Benz Dealership | Maidstone, Kent

I found him through this forum and he looks after my CLK pretty well,

170 mile round trip to PCS, great drive to a great service..

All my cars only get serviced by eastern western group, Merc BMW etc it's just under 100 mile round.

Sometimes I have to go drop it off then go back the next day to pick it up which then makes it just under 200 miles total.

Lucky enough to have PCS at my doorstep... literally... 7 miles round trip... ;)

technically 314 miles...one way....

Too complicated to explain.

The 124 lives in Italy. Serviced by PCS in Horndean. Its roughly 1100 miles each way. Not quite as crazy as it seems. Still UK registered so a trip back loaded with wine for the MOT and service is not so bad. The wine lasts most of the year!

Just under 100 mile round trip to have my W221 serviced at MB main agent (Eastern Western group), well worth it as they do a great job.

About 2 miles.

My record was when the mechanic came to my home, 0 miles travelled.

240 miles one way, happy to go further if need be... :)

In the manual I think it says 18000 miles.......

Don't worry, I'll get my own coat

Well I use CCC at Colchester and will be going there tomorrow for a minor service and a minor fault needing looking at,a round trip of about 40 miles and a walk around Colchester town centre plus a nice lunch and one !! drink before I pick it up.

160 mile round trip to dealer when car was under warranty. Now a 70 mile round trip to a trusted independant on Teesside.

Each to their own but driving a long way (if you don't have to) seems a bit bonkers.

What if you've got a query and want them to have a look, or they've done some work and it isn't quite right (can happen to the best)?

Also sometimes a short distance can take a long time - we had one car in the family from a dealer about 25 miles away, but it was an hour trip to get there in rush hour.

I've just moved from dealer to indie and have gone with the indie nearest to me.

160 mile round trip to dealer when car was under warranty. Now a 70 mile round trip to a trusted independant on Teesside.

Who do you use in Teesside??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom