Whats the furthest you've ever been on a tank?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

badshot1uk

Car
1991 300 TE 24V Sportline, 2001 Chipped Picasso 2.0 HDI
I am shortly going to do some big mileage soon either in my wifes diesel picasso or the old merc.

I was wandering whats the best tank range everyone has had? (especially want to hear from 300 24v e/te/ce variants).

cheers in advance for your help

Paul

Preston to Paris is the best I have had. In a 300_24v I probably wouldnt have reached Dover on a full tank :eek:

Driving down through France? How far on a tank?

Hmmm...

tiger-2.jpg

681 miles... after filling it up it didn't even wanna start... had to wait and crank it several times...

705 calais to Perpignan 4up fully loaded WELL PLEASED

plgibson said:
705 calais to Perpignan 4up fully loaded WELL PLEASED

That's excellent going. I never normally see more than 250 to a full tank on the W203 :D Must get lighter shoes!!!

550 miles in my 300D at a constant 70 with 3 people and luggage in the car.

Im hoping that if I do take the merc i'll get at least 400 odd:eek:

But who knows..

The diesels seem to do nearly double even with the big straight six's!

In normal mixed driving I generally get around 300 miles to a tankfull with my 300TE-24 , which is about the same as the 12V 300TE I had before .

Worst consumption has been about 250 miles to a tankful if I was wellying it , that was with the old car , haven't gone that low with the 24V - yet ! Best with the old car was about 350 miles , steady motorway driving , not using cruise control - I can drive more economically with it off - haven't done an 'economy run' wth the new car yet .

Oh , and with the 190E (2.0L AUTO) I got almost 400 miles out of a tankful once , normal mileage is about 300 again .

ive managed to fill my 62 litre tank with 61.2 litres before ..

oops :eek: works out roughly about 610 miles.

I don't think i'll even go there. :eek: :( :eek: :( :rolleyes:

Interesting subject this, my 130 Passat sport est got 570, but normally returns 500 to a tank, now 45/50 mpg on mixed running I'm well chuffed with. I decided to up the tyre pressures to fully loaded setting to see the difference, an extra 5mpg, so the morall here is to ensure the tyre pressures are set for the correct setting. I've also noticed that setting the cruise gets slightly less than controling it with my foot, I supose the crusie maintains the speed, ie going up hills etc, were I could just keep the revs at a set limit and allow the car to slow down on hills.

The most I ever got out of RE04UFZ, my ex company MB E270 A/G auto estate was 800 miles, on a trip to the south of France. More usual was 500 miles...;) I struggle to get 450 out of the 535d, though it does have a 70 litre tank vs the MBs 80

Peter

403 from my mums E39 525i.

511 from my 2002 Clio 1.2 16V.

550 from my Vito 111cdi half loaded.

429 from my sprinter, running empty.

Best ever

The best ever distance I have had on one tank is 880miles in a 1.9tdi Audi A6 Avant. (2000), But I regularly get 650 miles in my current E220 CDI estate.
But today I only mangaged to see 11mpg from the fastest diesel in the world at 350mph in Boneville USA.
Andy Green set the fastest ever recorded speed by a diesel but still only used 1% of the fuel used in his previous supersonic record!
Still not convinced by diesel economy? I am.

This was my best:

range.jpg

Although the average was 65mph most of it was done at 80+ mph

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom