What's the oldest car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ecossebev

Car
Mercedes Benz 230 TE
Judging by the questions posted by members in the technical section, most of the questions are posed by owners of cars in the 80's, 90's and the 00's. There is the odd Q about early W123's etc, so, my question is.......what is the oldest car owned by one of the members on here?

Judging by the questions posted by members in the technical section, most of the questions are posed by owners of cars in the 80's, 90's and the 00's. There is the odd Q about early W123's etc, so, my question is.......what is the oldest car owned by one of the members on here?
'93 500 SE?
'94 Xantia?
'96 Disco?
'99 E300td estate?
Son has a '90 300CE coupe. Then we have a few MGBs, including GT and open types. and a Maserati. And an A8 estate. And a '78 CX500. But that's a bike!

We've had the really old stuff scrapped in the last few years, including the '56 Phoenix and the '61 Tigress 250. (I wonder if anyone recognises the Phoenix?) The AMI 6, 8, and super gone too.

I still have the first Merc I ever bought, an '88 300 CE. What bothers me is that I thought I'd owned it for about 10 years, but saw the log book the other day, and it's been 14 years. I've lost four years somewhere!

My brother has a 1968 280S...

Im sure theres some older Ponton's on here aswell...

Last edited:
Mines an 83 W123 230E.:cool:

I have a 1972 w114 Limo :) My grandfather bought it new at that time. Its in pretty decent shape actually. Will post pics sometime.

I bet Pontoneer will be along before too long.

I have a 1957 Landrover Series 1 88". It started life on Our farm, then was used as the towing vehicle for the Olympic Bobsleigh team (In those days it was funded by the athletes, this was my fathers contribution to the team) Then kept by the 1964 Two man bob Gold medalist, he gave it to me in 2002 as he didnt use it any more and wanted it to go back home.

I expect you mean the oldest Mercedes still "on the road" ??:thumb:

if its mercedes you mean then i think i might loose 6 days old

but if its any car then i might be in for a chance how about a 1911 model T ford :bannana:

My W105 rolled off the line at Sindelfingen on the 11th of April , 1957 .
Untitled-49.jpg

I have owned it since the 14th of September 1982 - almost 27 years now .

Also have the 1963 W111 , but have only owned that one a couple of years .
19DSCN0938.jpg

I know people with MUCH older Mercs than mine , ranging from 1927 , through 1938 to 1953 .........

Don't know about others on this forum .

Last edited:
The oldest MB I ever owned was my '82 LWB W123 but I've been ferried around in various Mercedes Automobiles all through my childhood.

My fathers first Mercedes was a 1947 230, I only wish he still had it.

Probably similar to my friend James' 1938 230 , which was one of the cars I was referring to . There weren't too many new models during wartime .

Probably similar to my friend James' 1938 230 , which was one of the cars I was referring to . There weren't too many new models during wartime .

Yet another customer complains about a fault in the self leveling suspension.:wallbash:

Last edited:
Yet another customer complains about a fault in the self leveling suspension.:wallbash:

I doubt that HE ever got the run around from Mercedes-Benz customer services though .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom