What's the point ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Little Lofty

Car
M3
So I've been on Autotrader, Gumtree, ebay etc looking for a little project car, I'm not really sure what I want, everything from a MKI XR2 to an early TT, really can't decide. Anyway as usual my mind wandered and I started looking at 205 C63 prices, my excitement level jumped when I seen a lovely brilliant blue 65 plate for £42k, after I calmed down I suspected it was a mistake and looked on Listers own web site to find it for a far more likely price of £52k, too good to be true and all that. I put it to the back of my mind and started looking at XR2s again. A day or so later while on some website or other Listers popped up with a lovely blue C63 staring me in the face again, I clicked on it to find it had been reduced to £42k, looked back at Autotrader and MB used site and all listed it at £42k, I emailed Listers over the weekend and didn't hear back, no surprise there so I rang this morning to be told it's still available but the price is £52k.:wallbash: Why do they do this, surely it's just a total waste of my time and theirs, more so their time as I'm guessing I'm not the only person to enquiry about it. The price incorrect on one website I could cope, to alter the price from £52k to £42k on their own website is naughty. What do they get? Contact details for future email shots? Is it worth the hassle.
Here's the car, poverty spec but I could have coped with it for £42k :D https://www.mercedes-benz.net/p/uk/...-c-63-saloon/2b2db4b8def8bd7fcf98742ce62306b5
Listers, Autotrader and MB used site all have it listed at £42k at 11.00 this morning, I wonder how long it takes them to change it.
Another little rant, the new MB used site is pants if searching for C63

Wait a few more months they only going one way in value.

There's still a White prefacelift c63 saloon on the approved used site which has sold, it's still on motors and autotrader. I genuinely think it's to gain contact details as the first thing they'll say is let us contact you when we have something similar. Very annoying!

wow poverty spec? that side on shot would make jesus crawl back into his cave

There's still a White prefacelift c63 saloon on the approved used site which has sold, it's still on motors and autotrader. I genuinely think it's to gain contact details as the first thing they'll say is let us contact you when we have something similar. Very annoying!

I've come across that many times, I've seen adverts stay on Pistonheads for months after the car has sold, very misleading.
The price of the blue C63 has changed again on MB used site to £43,331.67, bizarre. Looks like that could be the ex vat price. They know the price is wrong as it was the first thing mentioned when I enquired about the car, very unprofessional.

Wow, those wheels look tiny, and the tyres look like the profile on a land rover.

Mk1 Xr2 one of my favourites , I've been looking
but none about , or a super sport which I had in 1988 ;)

Wow, those wheels look tiny, and the tyres look like the profile on a land rover.

18", I agree, quite a nice wheel but look a bit small with too much rubber. Wheels are easily changed though. If I bought new I'd also go for the night pack, not a big fan of chrome on any car never mind a C63. At £42k it was a huge bargain at £52k I wouldn't look at it twice.

The fact you're discussing it and posting links to the car in question is the point.

Mk1 Xr2 one of my favourites , I've been looking
but none about , or a super sport which I had in 1988 ;)

My mate had a Supersport around the same time, he later sold it for peanuts, he's still kicking himself :D . A decent MKI XR2 could be had for £4K just two years ago, they are at least double that now, think I've missed the boat but I'll still continue looking.

I kept hold of the car of my youth, glad I did now!

And a little touch of ford...

Prices are creeping up on these now but the ford stuff is crazy!

Hmmm.... I wonder if there are any Contract Law experts here... my layman's understanding is that an official advert can be considered an offer of a contract, which then becomes a binding contract upon acceptance (verbal or written)?

Unless of course the advert's T&C say something like 'not offer of a contract' or 'for information purpose only' 'or O&E' etc...

Hmmm.... I wonder if there are any Contract Law experts here... my layman's understanding is that an official advert can be considered an offer of a contract, which then becomes a binding contract upon acceptance (verbal or written)?

Unless of course the advert's T&C say something like 'not offer of a contract' or 'for information purpose only' 'or O&E' etc...

I don't think so, I was taught the same at school but it's either outdated or was never the case.

MARKJAY..Some years ago in California, I saw a photo advert in the daily paper for a leather 3 seat sofa plus matching easy chair for X price, I think $999 at that time (80's). I immediately went to the store and said "I will buy it". They said, "That's a mistake, it is for the 2 seater". Manager appeared, repeated "Mistake, I can't sell it for that price ." I showed him the photo ad, he phoned head office, I got it for $999.
Not sure if that would happen today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom