What's the procedure for buying a new car from mb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pagzzy

Hi guys I am getting my first new year car soon the one that can't not be mentioned lol ... But I'm asking all mb owners who have purchased new cars what does the day bring were there any problems what's the general procedure and so on .... I wanna look like I know what I'm doing on the day

Thanks

As with all things to do with MB dealers.

Drop pants, bend over, and prepare to be sh*ft*d :eek:

Hi guys I am getting my first new year car soon the one that can't not be mentioned lol ... But I'm asking all mb owners who have purchased new cars what does the day bring were there any problems what's the general procedure and so on .... I wanna look like I know what I'm doing on the day

Thanks

I will mention it for you dont let the haters stop you it is a c63 amg.

Factory collect. An experience not to be missed, and a good opportunity to run the car in.

The factory appears to do a proper pre delivery check:)

Palmball has a tremendous write up on his factory collection-as above go for it.

As colin says get the factory collect option-free flight with BA then drive it on proper roads at proper speeds:D,failing that you will get a date from your local mb dealer to either collect from the dealership or have it delivered to your door.........choice is yours,enjoy;)

Take a large wedge of cash, slap the nearest salesman across the chops with it and then take any key you feel like. Or do the factory tour thing.

What?

Mate just enjoy the day and go with the flow. I couldn't have been any more excited if I tried. As you know I didnt go for thje factory pick up in the end due to the weather and not being able to get confirmation of dates to go to the factory.

Even though this didnt happen the day itself was magical, and the moment you are handed the keys, OMG I could have wet myself. The drive away from the dealer those first couple of hundred yards I have to admit I whooped a little....oh ok alot and couldn't believe that this monster was really all mine. I still cant Pagzzy....I am constantly looking out the window seeing her on the drive and can't stop smiling every time.

You just enjoy the moment mate and there is nothing for you to do other than pay your cash, sign all the forms and let the dealer look after you. Are you taking the free weeks insurance with MB as well. I didn't know about that until one of the guys on here mentioned it and that was good advice as I needed a few days to get my head around it all before sorting out my own insurance which in the end I extended my week with MB to a year as they were very good in price. :rock:

Oh one last thing make sure you get them to sync your phone and that you have all the cables that come for the Ipod etc.....I got them to do all this and fit the cables as I'm a lazy sod.:thumb:

thanks for the feedback its gonna be dealership collection i was just unsure on the what to look out for as this is the first new car i will be buying .... just sold the old car a bmw and looking forward to the new one....

thanks for the post benjy

enjoy the day & dont let them try to rush you - its your day :) congrats -

I remember when I picked up my first brand new mb - I was grinning from ear to ear ! Mind you it had taken me many years to pluck up the courage to even walk into a "mercedes " showroom let alone actually buy a brand spanker - it was one of the first auto c230 Kompressors , 1996 P reg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom