Whats the small vent for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzComander

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320 Avantgarde Estate
On some W124's, (pre W210 E class) just ahead of the offside front wheel there is a small vent.

Can anybody tell me what it is for?

Cheers,

BenzComander said:
Thanks for that, quick way to ID TD's then!! :D
Yes and No only diesel available in UK. Turbodiesel w124's are all LHD unless they have been owner converted MB didn't think it was worthwhile moving the powersteering box for the UK to have turbos.

pepper&boulou said:
Yes and No only diesel available in UK. Turbodiesel w124's are all LHD unless they have been owner converted MB didn't think it was worthwhile moving the powersteering box for the UK to have turbos.

So there are no W124 Turbo Diesels?? I am sure I have seen them advertised?

There are w124 turbodiesels - but they were never sold by Mercedes UK, they are all left hand drive and have been imported from the continent by people.

The 300d is the only one sold here officially (non turbo) but all diesel w124's have the little vent on the wing .

AAHHH! Can RHD be converted to TD or is the steering column in the way??

BenzComander said:
AAHHH! Can RHD be converted to TD or is the steering column in the way??

dont know about that, i would imagine its the same engine just with a turbo bolted on :rolleyes: , if the space where the turbo etc goes it shouldn't be a problem.

But truthfully i have no idea, but i bet someone on here does ...... ;)

Hi

The grill is on the post 93 diesels certainly the 300 and possibly the 250, it is the intake for the engine goes to the air filter.
W124's diesels up to 93 do not have the grille on the wing, basically the grill on the wing means a facelift W124 and most probably the multivalve diesel or the 500 (not sure) as someone above said.

Correct me if i am wrong

*inn *ell, it's only about £5000 for a W210 TD. Cant think many people have gone for that conversion??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom