What's the strangest load you've carried in your Estate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abecketts

MB Enthusiast
Car
E280cdi, Disco2, Alfa 166 3.0 and tractors
Managed yesterday to almost fit 3 225 litre oak barrels with the seats down, i'd guess that if I had a W210 as opposed to a W124 all 3 would have fitted no problem.

5 prototype bonnets worth about £40k each, it was in a Discovery Four though!

Every component from a 1971 Citroen 2CV van that could be unbolted, including the engine, gearbox, doors and wings. The body shell shell, sitting on its chassis and axles, was on the trailer behind the car.

Managed yesterday to almost fit 3 225 litre oak barrels with the seats down, i'd guess that if I had a W210 as opposed to a W124 all 3 would have fitted no problem.

Francois Freres?

I must visit your vineyard at some point soon.

A washing machine
condenser dryer
and an under counter fridge

A Coffin complete with Dead Body, A relative of a friend passed away in Kent and the Undertakers were talking about lots of money and permits to bring the body back to South Wales --- we did it for the price of a tank of petrol found out after totaly illegally, -- you do apparently need permits to move a body through counties.

A Coffin complete with Dead Body, A relative of a friend passed away in Kent and the Undertakers were talking about lots of money and permits to bring the body back to South Wales --- we did it for the price of a tank of petrol found out after totaly illegally, -- you do apparently need permits to move a body through counties.

I think we have a winner....

I was going to post something but it just seems tame after that!

Not an MB Estate.....but I managed to squeeze an AMG 5.0 Quad Cam V8 engine into the back of a A Class with the seats removed....very tight but it went in and when I turned up at the engine rebuilders they couldn't believe it!

Not an MB Estate.....but I managed to squeeze an AMG 5.0 Quad Cam V8 engine into the back of a A Class with the seats removed....very tight but it went in and when I turned up at the engine rebuilders they couldn't believe it!

especially when you said you wanted it working in the A class;)

an audi inline 5 turbo engine. i found out the messy way, that i have to empty the sump if i need to do it again.

i had king size mattress strapped to the top of the estate

A washing machine
condenser dryer
and an under counter fridge

great delivery vehicles, i've carried 60 cases of wine once, not a winner, moving a body does top things.

A friend got the engine out of a 560SEL , plus loads of other bits into his 124 estate .

I've had all three of mine loaded up with all manner of things over the years , sometimes full to the roof , but nothing remarkable .

Why a hearse got to be an E-class estate and not a Beemer 5 Estate or even look like the real thing a Honda Accord Estate? Used to be Granada estate.

Do Merc really make them or it modified by coachwork?

If you have a body to move,how about something like this ?

A 600 Grosser hearse.:)

jakeandhearse026.jpg

jakeandhearse025.jpg

Depart in style.

Mike.

Last edited:
Our Great Dane..... Not in the Merc but in our 4x4. Love the looks he gets at the traffic lights !:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom