What's the tightest thing anyone has ever done to you?

• Thread starter Deleted member 37751
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On the flip side to that is the amount of friends we’ve made since we built our house in Skiathos.

Hello, Bestest Buddy, Old Mate! :) ;)

I had similar "Old Pals" visiting us when we lived in Germany, Relatives that we hadn't seen for Years suddenly appear on your Doorstep expecting Full Board and Lodging!:oops:

On the flip side to that is the amount of friends we’ve made since we built our house in Skiathos.

Hi Darrell,

I feel that I know you quite well now and we seem to get on as, well, friends.

I love Greece but have never been to Skiathos, a place often recommended as a "must visit" island.

We'll be over as soon as lockdown permits. :)

Hi Darrell,

I feel that I know you quite well now and we seem to get on as, well, friends.

I love Greece but have never been to Skiathos, a place often recommended as a "must visit" island.

We'll be over as soon as lockdown permits. :)

Reading between the lines, I felt he was inviting us to a GTG there...... sans cars

Skiathos, Mill Hill, I don’t mind as long as our very good friend Darrell is putting us up 😁

The food is less expensive in Skiathos for him. Don't want to take advantage so we should insist that he accepts a bottle of wine at least (the Aldi range is pretty good) :)

Is that bottle cost to be shared amongst us all? 😇

@Darrell has gone quiet. I suspect he is busy Online looking at chartering a jet of some kind to get us all over to his place. Obviously some of us will require a shuttle service to London.

I’ll kick off the list to give him an idea of numbers:

1. Happytalk73

Last edited by a moderator:
@Darrell has gone quiet. I suspect he is busy Online looking at chartering a jet of some kind to get us all over to his place. Obviously some of us will require a shuttle service from to London.

1. Happytalk73

1. Happytalk73
2. Gollom (and extended family)

@Darrell has gone quiet. I suspect he is busy Online looking at chartering a jet of some kind to get us all over to his place. Obviously some of us will require a shuttle service to London.

1. Happytalk73
Brilliant! Post of the year so far

The food is less expensive in Skiathos for him. Don't want to take advantage so we should insist that he accepts a bottle of wine at least (the Aldi range is pretty good) :)

What, a whole bottle?! o_O

Problem is with the island now is that if you go you’ll need to spend a fortnight there in quarantine!! The summer officially began last week but there are zero tourists there at all so the locals are suffering. It’s been a hard few years for them with the economy going tits up, Monarch and then TC going bust.

The house isn’t that big tbh, only 3 bedrooms but we kept it small cos it’s cheaper to keep and it means we don’t get that many visitors!!

We haven’t been there since Aug last year and we probably won’t go this year which is sad.

1. Happytalk73
2. Gollom (and extended family)
3. Bobby Dazzler +9
4. Swotty +1 + cat (no cat sitters around here).

I will bring some old drachmas, to contribute towards the cost.
Bobby Dazzler +9 !!!!

1. Happytalk73
An enterprising ex-pat looked into that a few years ago.

Problem is with the island now is that if you go you’ll need to spend a fortnight there in quarantine!! The summer officially began last week but there are zero tourists there at all so the locals are suffering. It’s been a hard few years for them with the economy going tits up, Monarch and then TC going bust.

The house isn’t that big tbh, only 3 bedrooms but we kept it small cos it’s cheaper to keep and it means we don’t get that many visitors!!

We haven’t been there since Aug last year and we probably won’t go this year which is sad.

S'O.K. - we've discussed it and the rest of us can manage in the the bedrooms - just - and you can kip by the pool in the balmy Aegean breeze.

If you can't make it, leave the key under the mat. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom