What's the tightest thing anyone has ever done to you?

• Thread starter Deleted member 37751
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had a very old friend visit me in France. I picked him up from Limoges Airport, a round trip of 200 miles. We stopped off at the supermarket because I needed a few things. I said "Do you need anything in particular"? He started filling up a basket with wine & cheese etc. At the till there was no attempt to pay or even offer. Instead I got a "we'll add it all up after the weekend & settle up then". Fine I thought. I paid for the meal the next day. He did pay for the meal on Saturday night. For the rest of the weekend he continued to eat me out of house & home & boy could he eat & drink. I drove him around for the whole weekend wracking up another 350 miles with no offer to drive or put some diesel in despite 2 stops at garages. Dropped him off at Limoges again so 750 miles in total. At the airport he thanked me & said he didn't think he had ever eaten & drunk so well & off he went. It wouldn't have been quite so bad if he hadn't bragged about the look on the Car Dealers face when he paid £27K for his Nissan Quashqai on his debit card! Or was I being unreasonable?

No, he's a tight-fisted see you next Tuesday. Hate people like that.

Anyway, got to go - trying to get booked on that free coach to Darryl's mum's place in France.

EXACTLY! That’s why I ain’t sharing a room. That bloody taxi driver @ToeKnee!
Anyone sharing a room with you will be fine as long as they don't smell of kebab! Anyway, I'll be in a different room with Sarah's bevies........

Anyone sharing a room with you will be fine as long as they don't smell of kebab! Anyway, I'll be in a different room with Sarah's bevies........

That reminds me, did you manage to oust that smell from ya Cab the other night?

That reminds me, did you manage to oust that smell from ya Cab the other night?
That reminds me, you owe me for three lots of febreze....... 😂

About 20 years ago I sold my house in a quiet cul-de-sac in Derbyshire. The house sale went through just before Christmas and I’d rented a house temporarily to free myself from the housing chain. Getting a removals company was proving to be very difficult, given the proximity of Christmas. The vendor was pushing really hard for me to move out – he said he wanted his family to spend Christmas in the new house. It seemed more sensible to me for us both to wait until after Jan 1 to move, when moving companies were readily available. It would give us both an extra week to get everything packed and ready to go. Both of us were moving only a few miles from our current locations.

He was really pushy, giving me a hard time, even though it would have been more sensible for us both to get Christmas out of the way before moving. Reluctantly, to help him out, I offered to rent a van for a day on the basis that we would split the cost and he would give me a hand to move my stuff. He agreed to go halves on the cost of the van, but said he was too busy to help me. I said that there was no way I could do this on my own, there was too much to move in a day and some of the furniture required two people to lift it. Instead he offered the use of two of his pals who would help me. I agreed and paid for & collected the van - a long wheelbase, high top Transit. I started early in the morning, the two guys turned up after lunch, stayed about two hours, then disappeared. I finished the move, completely knackered, around midnight.

We had agreed that the next morning I’d meet the vendor at my old house to hand over the keys, show him where everything was and how it worked, and collect my half of the van fee. Despite every joint aching and being totally shattered, I met him at 9.00 a.m., showed him around the house and without thinking, handed him the keys. On leaving, I was standing on the front doorstep, and he was standing inside the house. I asked him for his share of the van hire (I think it was less than £50). He gave me a smirk, held up the keys and said “I’m in now……”

I’m not a violent man, but that was the closest I’ve been to thumping anyone in as long as I can remember.

The lovely neighbours I left behind in the cul-de-sac had nothing but complaints about him and his behaviour when I called back to see them.

You live and learn.

On the flip side to that is the amount of friends we’ve made since we built our house in Skiathos.

Reminds me of the mean friend I mentioned earlier in this thread. We had a poker group, that met once a month on a Friday, for a friendly evening of low stakes Texas Hold'em (he used to spend the evening counting his chips and was more worried about the money than having fun). A new guy joined our group and Mr Mean couldn't stand him and wanted to uninvite him until the next poker night where we found out that he is very wealthy. Mr Mean was suddenly his best mate.

Super-atomic wedgie! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom