What's this clip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martyn_n

Car
W124 E320, W163 ML270 & W166 ML350
Does anyone know what the spring steel clip in the attached photos does. It's been knocking around in the garage for years since I did the head gasket on my 104.992 engined W124? (I usually have bits left over when I have done work!!) I think its probably from somewhere under the inlet manifold / throttle body, but I could be wrong. It would be nice to reunite it with its intended component (You never know, MB may have put it there for a reason). The MB badge is for scale, it's about the size of a pound coin. (The wife say's I'm like the queen, I never carry any cash!)

Any input would be appreciated.

IMG_2293.JPGIMG_2294.JPG

Easy, front indicator. Its the spring that goes inside the clip that holds the front indicator in.View attachment 108940
Brilliant, Thanks for the quick response. Clearly nowhere near where I thought it came from. God knows how the indicator is staying put!!

EDIT: I now know how they are staying in, both indicators still have their springs intact. Clearly, at some point in history, someone must have lost one into the engine bay and it dropped out when I had it to bits.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom