Whats this - ML W164

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marcel-Anthony

Car
C350 V6 Coupe, ML300, Slk 200K
Hi All,

Not been on here for a good while but hoping you guy's can help me out. I recently (last week) bought an ML W164 for the wife.

The dealer had to change the high level break light. When we got it home I noticed the head liner was hanging down from the rear. Dealer must have broke the push in clips. I had some clips so was not an issue to sort out. However I did notice that a cable seemed to be not connected to a module in the roof, not sure what the module is for or the green ended push in connector. I have re connected it. but can any one tell me what it is for and should it be connected.

We also have an issue with the rear parking sensors, two red lights. could it be related. It is going back in to the dealer to sort this but if there is anything I can check in the meantime that could be a simple fix. A
Hi All,

Not been on here for a good while but hoping you guy's can help me out. I recently (last week) bought an ML W164 for the wife.

The dealer had to change the high level break light. When we got it home I noticed the head liner was hanging down from the rear. Dealer must have broke the push in clips. I had some clips so was not an issue to sort out. However I did notice that a cable seemed to be not connected to a module in the roof, not sure what the module is for or the green ended push in connector. I have re connected it. but can any one tell me what it is for and should it be connected.

We also have an issue with the rear parking sensors, two red lights. could it be related. It is going back in to the dealer to sort this but if there is anything I can check in the meantime that could be a simple fix. Any advice on what to look for on this would be useful. It has a Thule tow bar fitted but when I remove the towing hitch the problem is still there.

Thanks
Marcel-Anthony
IMG_2615.JPG

Can't see the full part number but you could google it and find out what it was for. I would take it back and get them to put it right otherwise if you get any problems down the line they may wash their hands with it

The green connector looks like an aerial for either radio or DAB or TV probably mounted in either the side rear glass or tailgate glass the module is more than likely an amplifier.

Its one of the FM antennas. Theres a diverse antenna system - thats the one that goes to the antenna amp in rear window from the roof antenna pack

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom