What's this socket thingy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moonloops

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C350 CDI AMG Sport
Any ideas on what this doohickey socket is for?

20180325_184415.jpg

As above. It is a panic button for your house alarm. If you press it, it should activate your external house siren and flashing strobe, assuming you have one fitted.
HOWEVER you are missing the small black plastic key to reset it:
Key.jpeg

It "might" activate a phone link to the Rozzers. Probably doesn't, unless you know you're paying for it. But you never know....

Just to reinforce, you'll only have a connection to the police station if you're paying for it. They don't rush round for everything...'cos we don't pay them to do that, and we never did.

To paraphrase an old TV advert "You'll know when you've been triaged." (Different times)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's a panic button - more specifically a "double push" panic button. It is operated by pushing both red buts at the same time.

They are a requirement (as opposed to single buttons) when the alarm system has remote signalling, but also popular for audible ("bells only") systems where children are present.

If you don't have the key, don't panic. Just unscrew the front and push the mechanism back up from inside.

I stuck a soap holder over ours as the key was missing and I didn't want to press it by accident.

I found a key fob hanging from a pipe in the airing cupboard the day we moved into our house.

What’s the first thing I did? Press it of course!

ALARM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom