whats this thing in engine bay that leaks engine oil?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
hi

sorry this in on my newly-bought Mitsubishi Pajero, not my Merc, but i hope someone here will know what it is as you are a helpful bunch :thumb:

on my 1995 2.8TD diesel Pajero I have what looks like some sort of valve or something leaking oil whilst the engine runs. it appears to then drip down and get blown over towards the batteries by the wind of the fan = a mess and also contributes to drips overnight on the driveway.

the offending item its circled in red in the photos below:

Can anyone tell me what this is called so i can order a replacement...? can it be repaired or resealed in any way? Thanks in advance, Derek

Photo1076.jpg

Photo1073-1.jpg

i found out what it is... its the oil pressure switch. i was confused by the lack of any electrical connection, but it appears its snapped off.

i've ordered up a new one.

Uh oh, I've had a LOT of experience with these things.. I really hope it's not the same one you've bought that I had all the experience with...:crazy:

These guys are brilliant for Shogun/pajero parts.

http://www.milneroffroad.com

Uh oh, I've had a LOT of experience with these things.. I really hope it's not the same one you've bought that I had all the experience with...:crazy:

These guys are brilliant for Shogun/pajero parts.

http://www.milneroffroad.com

thanks Tiff. I hope not too! it came from Glasgow city centre, previous owner was a guy called Mario.

Spent all weekend cleaning it out. The boot carpet is wrecked and had concrete spilt over it. and i stipped the whole interior out, cleaned it all and refitted it. it spells nice again now instead of like a builders armpits. lol

its chugging away nicely on WVO but i'm still experimenting with percentages. Not as good as the merc on the oil though - i've got some new piping to install and a heat exchanger which i hope will help it a bit

It won't be the same one then... Phew!

I used to love Shoguns, so much so I bought one a while back, and the chassis snapped in two just behind the steering box, that was interesting...

Then got one in at work for a head gasket, which turned into a new timing chain,which turned into a whole new head, then a new camshaft. Never again.

It won't be the same one then... Phew!

I used to love Shoguns, so much so I bought one a while back, and the chassis snapped in two just behind the steering box, that was interesting...

Then got one in at work for a head gasket, which turned into a new timing chain,which turned into a whole new head, then a new camshaft. Never again.

Christ......i thought japanese cars were supposed to be bullet proof:crazy:

Not these...weak engines, especially when the head gasket goes...nearly always need a new head.

Jap engines of this age were in general quite weak when it came to turbo disels...non turbo diesel engine on the other hand are as tough as old boots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom