what's wrong with this car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't know much about the market for E63 cars, but the answer to this question surely must be - that the asking price is too high?

Same car from dealers for same or less money and with 2 yrs warranty.

Needs to be cheaper for people to see the value.

Too expensive / Northern Ireland / Not MB main dealer

Pretty straightforward: it's too expensive, it's in Northern Ireland which is a small market for such a niche car, and it's not being sold with / supported by a Mercedes main dealer.

On such a high performance car people are looking for main dealer AMG expertise and warranty support, or a solid discount relative to a main dealer prices. These are complex cars that can be....occasionally... mistreated.

Northern Ireland is less than 2 million people, it's a small market. People will fly over from England or Scotland to buy - but it's a cost and inconvenience, so most will prefer a more local purchase with no complications on vehicle re-registration.

Well I suppose that car would have cost at least £80,000 when new.after two years it is half that price,but it is a niche market,and without a main dealer behind it and a decent warranty,it cannot command the ticket price,it is also white,most people who buy these high end cars want a darker colour.

It is a bit expensive but in 6 month somebody could have negotiated a good price if there is nothing wrong with the car itself?

It is 2015 car, does warranty argument stand?

It is a bit expensive but in 6 month somebody could have negotiated a good price if there is nothing wrong with the car itself?

Yes, but that's assuming the seller is willing to negotiate. Some sellers stick to their guns 'waiting for the right buyer' (while the car continues to depreciate, making it even harder to sell at the original asking price).

Last edited:
I didn't realise initially that it was in N Ireland, though that wouldn't put me off too much as I've bought from there before. As for re-registration, it's not needed if the car is registered in NI as their system is pretty much the same as ours. However, it's a long way to go to look at a car and, whilst it should still be in the dealer network, it could create a bit more hassle if anything were to go wrong. I think the price is about right for the condition, year and mileage, though it's not very well specced for an E63, especially seating wise (No ventilation or dynamics as far as I can make out).

I also agree with the colour not being too desirable, especially on the estate version. White is a bit Marmite to most people and it looks a bit too clinical to me.

Too expensive primarily. NI wouldn't put me off, I bought mine from Southend and I'm in Cheshire so I might have been quicker. Fairly basic, but basic spec is pretty good anyway- has a reverse camera .
They need to drop the price about 3k for a non MB dealer supplied car IMO

Facelift and fairly reasonable miles for the age but they should be asking £36-37k; still, these cars are insane value for the price you're paying. Hard to believe a 2 years old, 5.5 twin turbo V8 with a beautiful interior and capability to run more power than the majority of supercars can be had for the same price as a new Golf R.

Agreed it is too pricy. Being from here though I know the guys and they have a fantastic reputation and see a lot of really high end stuff including Lambo's & Ferraris and off 'Mainland' delivery

As for the warranty, they will offer a MB warranty as well as an alternative so I wouldn't let that put me off.

Also, N.I is part of the U.K as has just been reenforced by the crazy election ! so we deal with Swansea DVLA just like you guys.

If anyone has an interest I would strongly recommend a tele call as the car has been there a while so I am sure there is a deal to be had

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom