What's your app?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Druk

Gone but not forgotten - RIP
Car
2011 S212 E350CDi. 1981 R107 300TurboDiesel.
As a new iPlod user I'm fascinated by these app thingys. However the store seems polluted by nerdy games and kiddies stuff.

So...what apps do you find most useful and why?

I like to keep things separate (iPhone for phone, iPod for music (listening), iPad for piano stuff, Kindle for books etc…….. So on iPad

1. Piano Notes Pro- learning to sight read music
2. PDF Pro - for sheet music
3. Kindle - for music books
4. Roland Piano Partner - links iPad to piano allowing easy change of settings plus learning tool
5. Music - for mp3 piano music recordings.

Just filter by Free apps (so you can indulge in many at no cost) then browse categories for what interests you, hit download on every app that takes your fancy and spend a couple of minutes with each app. You'll quickly figure out which you like, and which you don't. You've spent nothing and can delete the ones you don't want, but will have a better taste of what kind of apps will be of interest to you, you're then in a better place to judge if some apps are worth money to you. (They generally are, with so many free apps, ones that are paid for have to be very very good).

All the BBC apps are useful I've found, but 90% are down to the person.

+1 on kindle app and BBC apps, sky go and sky + are great if u have sky. I also use trip advisor and XE currency converter a lot. And of course mbclub

As above, all good advice, News and weather apps are used a lot, Google Maps and full Satnav software (Co Pilot) are two I use frequently as well as Sky Demon flight planning software (even if you do not fly then the free version is, I think, fascinating for the amount of information it gives.)

A bar code reader app is useful, find one that will scan the barcode and link to the web to find the item and check for comparative prices!

I also have Torque for use in reading OBD codes etc and a ones for on line banking, credit cards, Sky wifi hotspots, restaurant and hotel reviews etc. BA, Easy Jet etc.

As said, just play around, find apps that provide you with information you find useful and then refine the actual app to the specific one that suits.

iTube:thumb:

Banking app - far easier than web broswer
Train Times - obvious
Citymapper - (essential for London) Gives route options, including live tube, rail, bus, boat, pedestrian and taxi routes
Invoicing software (Freshbooks)
TripIt - keeps track of hotel/train/plane tickets
TomTom - Sat Nav
Podio - CRM software
Facebook - sorry!

As you can tell I use my phone as work tool. Have one or two more leisure type on the ipad, including Kindle, Iplayer and so on.

Decibel 10th - free app - turns phone into sound level meter

Compass - free app - contains compass, spirit level and gives longitude & latitude

HA Traffic - free app - traffic news from Highways agency

Shazam - free app - identifies music

Mail Online - free app - news

And not forgetting...

MBClub UK - free app - get your fix of forum stuff on the move

Around me.

Usefully when you want to find a bar or restaurant in a strange town.

Waze - must have satnav app that allows people to point out camera, police and traffic issues live (passengers only). You can also see other waze drivers on the road map and speed they are doing.

Keep them coming guys. I'm noting them all down.

On my PC I have a little program that associates keyboard keys to passwords. Is there an app that does that? Or does it even need it? :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom