What's your gorilla!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Find your local South African shop, pretty much all of them sell excellent hardwood now, Sekelbos is a particular favourite of mine. At a bit of a premium mind you, but as a Saffer myself, where BBQ is second only to rugby, it is worth every penny.

To be honest I cannot be ar$$ed to muck about making fires when I just want to braai a couple of steaks.

Gas barbecues, the devils work:eek:

I have a large store of dry wood so have resorted to that in the barbeque. It's hard to control though. Takes me back to days as a scout leader where gas was banned at camp. Everything was cooked on wood and we had an old beer barrel setup over the fire as water heater.

here's my gorilla
bought it as it has gas and coal side by side. sort of like a hybrid. the gas section has lava stones which do a decent job of pretending to be coal and incinerate any fat that fall ontop and give it a smoky flavour

Screenshot_20190712-161524_Chrome.jpg

Doesn't matter what it is, as long as it isn't gas. If it's gas it isn't' a BBQ. It's a kitchen appliance that just happens to be outside.

Yep and if you don't rub sticks together to start your fire, and don't kill the animal (you're eating) with your bare hands, you're not a real man:);).

I might have to postpone any piurchase, due to my car woes. What with PTS playing up, despite changing what was meant to be the faulty sensor, along with the on-going issue with whatever keeps causing the ESp, BAS, Park Assyst, etc... warning messages to come on, I think I'm destined to be eating nowt but bread and water. :(

Yep - I think that "self signalling" is a virtue

FFS guys are you BBQing every day. Some of the barbies you are mentioning here should be equipped with an engine and auto transmission and capable of taking me and my family on skiing in France how expensive they are. At least I know the heating would work. ;)

FFS guys are you BBQing every day. Some of the barbies you are mentioning here should be equipped with an engine and auto transmission and capable of taking me and my family on skiing in France how expensive they are. At least I know the heating would work. ;)

Ive got a 4 burner non-branded Gas BBQ with a single hob on the side, cost me £150 or so from Argos and it’s been spot on for the last 4 years despite being left out in the winter uncovered! :)

I don't see the point of a BBQ as i would have to walk through the kitchen passing a perfectly good cooker to get to the BBQ,

Ah you have to understand that a gas BBQ works differently from a traditional solid fuel burner and adjust accordingly.

Current Engine of Satan:

Outback Meteor 6 BBQ - Gas -Outback Direct

Mrs S. bought it on a special offer whilst I was away as our existing BBQ had expired in a heap of iron oxide.

"Right, You are back Saturday morning so can put it together and we are ready to go for Saturday night!"

"Errrmmmm..."

All I can say is whilst assembling it, kept thinking "Just how big is this ******* thing going to be?"

Answer: BFO big.

Works well but discovered you ideally need to run it off a 19 Kg Propane cylinder. 13Kg will work but doesn't quite get there if the whole thing and side sear grill are going for the full Chernobyl experience over an extended period

(Also discovered that a full 19Kg cylinder weighs 43Kg...)

Well, okay possibly due to being slightly inebriated, I have just ordered the Weber genesis II E410. Should arrive Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom