whats your ideas on modifying 190e's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You will need hubcentric spacers to make that work. Take some progress pics of the work.

Alx said:
You will need hubcentric spacers to make that work. Take some progress pics of the work.

I think those wheels are going to be a pain to fit. Just extra cost I don't want in all honest. Possibly going down banded steelies route and working in the original hub caps.

I'll get some photos up tonight hopefully.

Paint is ordered! I've gone with Marrakesh brown!

Best mod you can do is to renew the steering damper [ small shock absorber] thats attached to the steering centre link. Can literally change the driving experience for very little money. 80-90% are clapped out on car purchase
Marakesh brown with some decent alloys will make the car stand out from its brethern :cool:

Last edited:
All I'd do as already mentioned by Stwat is fit EVO1/R129 15 hole alloys and drop the car by 25-30mm using decent springs & shocks. A grand if you shop well and all reversible and resaleable too.

Personally, I wouldn't consider anything else bar selling it and buying a 2.6 auto and dropping in a 3.0L.

Last edited:
Mission, where the roof & boot had deep crazing in it from years of sun abuse it took ages to sand it back.

Was using da palm sander which was ideal but still a lengthy process. Still, a day well spent! Awaiting paint to arrive now!

Any ideas on whether to gloss black the mirrors or go body colour with the insert where the mirror is to be black?

I'm for all or nothing when it comes to colour coding.

My cossie kitted 190 I colour coded the wing mirrors, door handles and bumper inserts, not to the purists liking but he ho.

My non kitted 190 I satin blacked the wing mirrors, door handles and bumper inserts, more OEM but not so nice imo

Bit more masking needed. Paint will be on tomorrow

Attachments

• image-958345256.jpg
    image-958345256.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 36
My first attempt at spraying a car went quite well... No runs, no sags. Went on well!

Attachments

• image-1256005408.jpg
    image-1256005408.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 39
Front end

Attachments

• image-1097514618.jpg
    image-1097514618.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 64
Needs another flat and polish due to the fact I have no ventilation in the garage so got quite a bit of fall out on it.

It's not perfect but then again it was a home project in a garage.

Now for some wheels and stance

Attachments

• image-1633246992.jpg
    image-1633246992.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 74
  • image-993711042.jpg
    image-993711042.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Would you consider 17s?

Have you got something ? I would go to 17's for the right style

Have you got something ? I would go to 17's for the right style

image_zpslwhgvg1p.jpeg

Flat and polishing today as I tried to flat it by hand and it made no difference and left horrible flatting lines. Bought some 1500wet and dry discs got the hose out and went for it with the da palm sander. 95% improvement and actually looks like a bodyshop did it now.

Nice one. Any news on the wheels?

Sambo said:
Nice one. Any news on the wheels?

The clue is on this page...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom