Whats your strategy for year 2030 / ban of ICE vehicles?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just give it a few years. Or maybe quite a few.

Home for an automotive steam engine.

But before anyone gets too excited, it turns out to have been a scam (but they did manage to raise USD11M before anyone found out!)

Are Cobalt-free batteries the way forward?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We should keep in mind that much of what an EV is today, is modelled after Elon Musk's vision from 15 years ago. Car manufacturers by and large just copied what Tesla did. All modern EVs are essentially based on the Tesla design philosophy.

In this context, it is worth noting that Elon Musk's first EV was based on standard laptop batteries stacked-up together, simply because this was an available technology and at the time he didn't have the time or money to invent everything from new (he also used the Lotus/Vauxhall GM chassis instead of actually designing a new car).

The Lithium-ion batteries found in EVs today are all direct descendants of Elon's experiment with laptop batteries. Some fresh thinking might bring us new battery tech, better suited for EVs.

Speaking of emerging technologies....:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cool, wicked, sick…

Just the job for a short, balding, old grunter from Wales.

Mmmm – the MILFs from Mumbles will go moist and weak at the knees seeing you in your cravat, red corduroys, and tassel loafers…

Cool, wicked, sick…

Just the job for a short, balding, old grunter from Wales.

Mmmm – the MILFs from Mumbles will go moist and weak at the knees seeing you in your cravat, red corduroys, and tassel loafers…
The jealousy is palpable.

Hahahahaha - takes the bait every time!
I'm jealous of nobody - apart from, perhaps, myself!
Busted pal, you posted in a moment of hot headed envy, the MILFs are mine, all mine.

They got no time for octogenarians.

What's scary is given the (published) reliability of the modern Mini, that so many are sold.
Suppose it's the 3 year PCP with Maintenance package.

A Tsunami of work for local garages in 4 years time then (if you believe the internet)

A small EV (mini?) for town with a weekly charge of its 150 mile range lightweight and a run out EU15 or whatever ICE for longer / bigger journeys will see me out.

I wonder at what stage the decline in petrol stations will accelerate (20282 to 2035?)
I got the missus an F55 Mini. Been reliable so far

Not great photos, might start a thread in the defectors section when I take better ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not great photos, might start a thread in the defectors section when I take better ones.

She's a beauty... :thumb:

Nice :cool:

Remember that crap joke about getting a boy round to paint the por(s)ch!

At least you've got rid of those nasty leylandii which wood have scratched the lovely paintwork.
True, fence going up tomorrow.

Lovely 👌🏻

Enjoy 👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom