Whats your thoughts on the new Range Rover?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
ok.. sorry not mercedes related.

i was a great fan of the old one.
the new one is out, and this is the first time i seen it in the flesh..

i am mixed on it..

one second i love it, the other im thinking why oh why..

here are some pics of the beast today...

whats your thoughts?

rr1.JPG

rr2.JPG

rr3.JPG

rr4.JPG

I hate landrover products with a passion. So i have an irrational view on the subject.

But, I think it looks better than the old one, but the faux vents etc do it no favours.

I'd never in a month of sundays buy one, even if I could afford one.

Don't applogise for posting the thread BTW. Many will consider this as a rival to a GL or upscale ML. A good discussion to have,

I hate landrover products with a passion. So i have an irrational view on the subject.

But, I think it looks better than the old one, but the faux vents etc do it no favours.

Don't applogise for posting the thread BTW. Many will consider this as a rival to a GL or upscale ML. A good discussion to have,

We will agree to disagree.. RR are ace.. dont get me wrong the lesser models are tosh (FL / Disco / Jags) but the Evoque and RR are top notch. Proper cars for peopel who shoot / hunt and dont read the Guardian.

for a car just released, it's surprisingly restrained, design wise.

it doesn't have too many creases, lines and 'features'

it doesn't try too hard, and it has stayed true to its brand identity.

I agree the side vents are a bit much, but in body colour, they don't yell look at me to Halfords' levels of noise

Overall, I think it rocks.

And it's designed and built in the UK.

The interior is lovely too.

Hmm, I quite like the old one - sport and full fat.

Not sure on that yet. Looks a bit 'plain' to me i.e. less distinctive.

Is that an E63 next door in gold?

I am not a Range Rover Fan but I don't consider this as a rival to the GL or ML, why RR have gone so big with this god knows I am really not a fan.

I love the new Range Rover, saw one today.

They will sell loads and they've really done well with the Evoque, just a shame it doesn't come with a decent 3 litre Diesel engine.

This is where Range Rover let themselves down, they can't match BMW for decent diesel engines.

The Evoque with a BMW 3 litre Diesel engine would be pretty special.

There are quite a few roaming the streets of West London now, and I think it's a magnificent creation (dammit, did I just agree with redbaron?) if specified with the right trim and wheels.

They need to keep an eye on build quality, though...

rrbq.jpg

I love the new Range Rover, saw one today.

They will sell loads and they've really done well with the Evoque, just a shame it doesn't come with a decent 3 litre Diesel engine.

This is where Range Rover let themselves down, they can't match BMW for decent diesel engines.

The Evoque with a BMW 3 litre Diesel engine would be pretty special.

but an Evoque is not a real RR

I'm curious how LR would be expected to fit the BMW 3.0d straight six into the transverse Evoque engine bay?

Taken in stanmore? I grew up there! But just for the record I think its just about ok

It is very expensive though. And I don't feel the interior is that roomy either. The acid test is reliability. However, the brand is so strong I know of many returning owners of previous products which were very problematic.

They're everywhere around here, and so i don't even notice them these days, and it's been this way for a while. So many camouflaged mules even two years ago, and production ready cars driving around in late summer, parked in car parks, on drive ways, etc.

I like it. Very restrained compared to what it could have been. Not so keen on tail lights - a bit Buck Rogers for me - but otherwise nice.

Taken in stanmore? I grew up there! But just for the record I think its just about ok

yes stanmore.. :)

i hate the new rear lights, the size has increased, looks smooth. But the rear is not nice..

the price is very steep.. i think they have priced it wrong personally.

The new interior is too similar to the evoque.. and it dissapointing..

but the style is modern and fluid.. just the rear lights are messy

There is a waiting list. So if they have priced it wrong... it is too low.

No waiting list for X5 /X6 / ML / GL / Q7 / Cayenne.......

yes stanmore.. :)

i hate the new rear lights, the size has increased, looks smooth. But the rear is not nice..

the price is very steep.. i think they have priced it wrong personally.

The new interior is too similar to the evoque.. and it dissapointing..

but the style is modern and fluid.. just the rear lights are messy

Priced right IMO, RR Sport due out soon and based on same platform....cheaper price.

L405 is fantastic. In the right colour looks the nuts. By right colour I mean one that hides that god awful stripe that was cancelled in it's execution.

Hate it, but then I hate all those SUVs. Wouldn't have one as a gift other than to sell it and buy something nice. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom