Wheel Alignment Issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MQ2596

Car
C200 Coupe EQ Boost 2019
Hey everyone. I’ve got a 2012 W204 which had considerable steering wheel offset when driving straight ahead so I took it in for an alignment. After the alignment the steering feels much more different, the offset to the right is gone now and is better than before but I’ve observed the following:

- Car now pulls to the left very slightly
- When driving over bumps in the road the steering wheel moves a little bit too
- When doing tight turns at low speeds (parking), the steering has a tendency to carry on turning to full lock itself if I let go off the steering wheel

The car had a B service carried out 2 weeks ago by MB and no issues were reported with any of the steering or suspension components. Is it likely the mechanic has screwed up something during the alignment? I’m taking the car back to them but can’t until next week as I’m away for work for the next few days. Thought I’d get some opinions in the meantime. I’ve attached a copy of the pre and post alignment paperwork. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 00638E52-168F-4528-AA53-4D4472EC51CD.jpeg
    00638E52-168F-4528-AA53-4D4472EC51CD.jpeg
    459.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 47A63656-CED6-4B14-8CAD-F8ADE3451D77.jpeg
    47A63656-CED6-4B14-8CAD-F8ADE3451D77.jpeg
    474.1 KB · Views: 23
I almost hate to say this, but either the fitter has made an almighty **** up, or the car's been in a shunt ! I wouldn't go back there. Good luck.

Hey everyone. I’ve got a 2012 W204 which had considerable steering wheel offset when driving straight ahead so I took it in for an alignment. After the alignment the steering feels much more different, the offset to the right is gone now and is better than before but I’ve observed the following:

- Car now pulls to the left very slightly
- When driving over bumps in the road the steering wheel moves a little bit too
- When doing tight turns at low speeds (parking), the steering has a tendency to carry on turning to full lock itself if I let go off the steering wheel

The car had a B service carried out 2 weeks ago by MB and no issues were reported with any of the steering or suspension components. Is it likely the mechanic has screwed up something during the alignment? I’m taking the car back to them but can’t until next week as I’m away for work for the next few days. Thought I’d get some opinions in the meantime. I’ve attached a copy of the pre and post alignment paperwork. Thanks in advance!
Did you get this issue fixed?

See this thread, from the stickies at the top of the wheels section.

Hi As layman with regards to wheel alignment and tyre issues hopefully someone can point me in the right direction!
My GLC 2016 keeps wearing the back tyres on the outside edge to the point require replacing every 2 years ...had car since new and only done 26000 miles in total!
What requires done when replacing tyres?

Hi As layman with regards to wheel alignment and tyre issues hopefully someone can point me in the right direction!
My GLC 2016 keeps wearing the back tyres on the outside edge to the point require replacing every 2 years ...had car since new and only done 26000 miles in total!
What requires done when replacing tyres?

Four-wheel alignment / full-geometry, done by someone with a Hunter machine, and who also knows how you use it.

Most tyre-fitters simply do the tracking or front wheel alignment, which is only a very basic setting for the front wheels.

Hi all - I've got a 2016 B200 - nothing special and only does about 5-8k miles per annum - I've just had the front tyres replaced and rotated buy Kwik Fit who said they can't do the alignment as the car has ADAS (Advanced driver-assistance systems) which also needs calibrating after the alignment work.

I have called up STS Tyre Pros and also WIM (now know as Blackboots Tyres in Chesham) and they have both confirmed that they cannot touch the car for wheel alignment.

Has anyone else had this issue and know how to solve it or find a garage that will take on the job? I'm also thinking if it's even worth getting done considering the low mileage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom