Wheel alignment - rear camber

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeorgeR

Car
s212 Hybrid (E300 T Hybrid)
Could anyone tell me if the rear camber is adjustable on an MB s212 (2014 e-class wagon, Avantgarde, comfort susp, with air springs at the rear and steel at the front) ? If so does it make sense to do it?

The other day I have had a visit to the local Kwikfit (rebalance the wheels) and they also measured the wheel alignment.
They have come up with these readings: Camber Left Rear -1.52, Right Rear: -2.06. Toe Left Rear: -0.06, Right Rear: +0.11
(The front axle was all normal: Camber: -0.42, -0.34, Toe: 0.06, 0.06) The toe is not an issue it will be adjusted in no time. However, I think the (rear) camber values need to be at -1.35 (-.60 +.30) but at least the same on each side.

Could anyone tell me if those camber adjusting bolts (sold by MB as well as by 3rd party suppliers) do work for the rear axle? If so how many degrees they can adjust?
Also if it is 0.60 deg off the mark after 120k miles (2-3 mm in the geometry), could it not make sense to find the worn bushes and replace the arm perhaps? (Strange is that it is the right side. I'd expect the left to go away earlier.)

Ps. Could anyone help me with the expected readings for this model? (Kwik Fit guy was using the sport suspension sedan - no airmatic values so that I could not really trust them.)

Update. The rear air springs needed to be calibrated to make the rear height even. It removed the asymmetry, nearly completely. The only thing left is the rear toe (out, instead of in), both sides. The local garage was not able to adjust it as they did not have a proper torx wrench small enough to fit between the fuel tank and the bolt...

Update. The rear air springs needed to be calibrated to make the rear height even. It removed the asymmetry, nearly completely. The only thing left is the rear toe (out, instead of in), both sides. The local garage was not able to adjust it as they did not have a proper torx wrench small enough to fit between the fuel tank and the bolt...
A company called Wheels In Motion are the experts on MB camber issues , they are near Chesham/Amersham I believe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom