Wheel arch finish .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
I need to repair my wheel arch in one place .The flat part inside that runs all the way around the arch has a rust patch,about 3 inches but striped the whole arch off to do it right . To remove the rust i used a palm sander And a product i have had from Rover blog Metalmorphosis .I now need a product i can spray, or paint on the arch so it will look like the other three .Mercedes spray this under seal type of finisher.I need something like that to finish the repair before i spray the arch . Any one help with ideas ? .

You can't get it in a spray can, no (I Wish) but you can mix it up in spray gun and apply. Its a rust inhibitor to.

Secondly, you can buy white Smoothrite Schutz OR Stonechip that will give the same effect then paint over, but its not a rust inhibitor as such. I say a couple of Coats of 121 then Schutz and final paint... jobs a good 'un.. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Only able to brush it .I have no spray gun . Thanks again i will see what i can find on ebay in Smoothrite Schults .

wu56 i need s rough finish to go with the other half of the arch that i have not removed yet.
Si i might just take the wing in to the sprayers and explain to them , thanks .I dont have any spray equipment my self to do the job

Got photos OP?? Just to see..

Speaking of wings... what happened to your one in the end? Did they replace it? (WhatsApp me if that’s better ;))

Best i can do its not showing up to good The finish is like spray on schults but with with out a compressor its a job i am not able to do .So do i need an item that will look near enough to it as i can apply with a brush .

Attachments

• DSC04383.JPG
    DSC04383.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC04383.JPG
    DSC04383.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 17
I wont be doing the wing .Its going to the paint shop .The garage i am taking it to on Monday only work on classic cars . I just worked on the wing as it came with a few chips on the bottom front part bellow the indicator .I just used knife stopper on those . And one of the fixing lugs on the bottom was rusty ,so i built it up with a steel washer .Paint will be 3555 diamond blue .Picture of the wing in rub down state . Note the merc star logo .

Attachments

• DSC04376.JPG
    DSC04376.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC04378.JPG
    DSC04378.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC04389.JPG
    DSC04389.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 19
wu56 Am i right to think you have sent the cans off to me ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom