wheel arch rolling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gina2201

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4 Quattro Avant S-Line
Hi, I know it may vary but what kind of figure am I looking at to get a wheel arch rolled? :)

Hi, I know it may vary but what kind of figure am I looking at to get a wheel arch rolled? :)

£50-60. Some places maybe be cheaper.

Most bodyshops would do this for you.

£50-60. Some places maybe be cheaper.

Most bodyshops would do this for you.

Thankyou hadn't a clue as to the price range! A friend of the family has a bodyshop so maybe he can do it a little cheaper!:devil: :D

Just had a measure and the gap between arch and tyre is 70mm! What sort of drop should I go for? 40mm seems to be the most common drop but won't this leave me with a BIG gap still?

Just had a measure and the gap between arch and tyre is 70mm! What sort of drop should I go for? 40mm seems to be the most common drop but won't this leave me with a BIG gap still?

40mm will be fine, anymore than that will be excessive. I would lower the car first and then recheck the height and if need be use smaller shims.

I've seem a W124 with a 60mm drop and you can't fit your small fiunger between the wheel and arch, looks good on a modified car, but otherwise a bit excessive.

I saw a W124 Duchalet Cabriolet slammed and it looked awful being a long car. Don't go too low.
Also you won't have camber issues due to wheel splaying.

Thanks, next question is regarding what springs, there are so many out there!

Be wary as to cheap wheel arch rolling, friend of mine took a car to get it done and when we peered round the corner he had a hammer and a pair of mole grips banging hell out of it :eek: Buggered the paint finish, so didnt end up quite so cheap afterall!

I'm dropping mine soon, am going to do 40mm, this will give it a more agressive stance without looking too rude or shreading the inside edge of my tyres.

Post some pics when ur done!

Stick to decent brand names for springs. Others can go soft and lose their spring..

Think Olly recommended me Eibach springs with H&R shocks, but im sure he'll be along to clarify soon.

Let me know what you go for, be interesting to see how much ride comfort must be sacrificed for a better stance....

Mine was dropped 40mm .... too low .... was catching on speed bumps and all sorts ...

Raised it up by about 10mm , all good now ...

Here's what some pro bodyshops use. There's still a risk of damaging the paint tho.

Last edited:
Ok, thankyou, the car is sitting very high, so 40mm is probably the minimum it needs:D

It's only one arch that needs doing and hopefully they will be able to save the paint, if not I can (try) and get it matched up.

I saw a roller like that on ebay about 2 years ago. Couldn't think of a reason to buy it but it was fairly cheap. It will crack the paint where the arch lip rolls inwards.

Thankyou everyone, a wealth of information and advice :)

Going to get it done soon so yes definitely take some pics::D:)

The size of the wheels on your car may effect the drop required to get the look right.

I'll assume these W124's have cup bushes like my W126 SEC.

I'd go with a 30mm drop to start with if this is a daily driver, then if you feel this isn't low enough a further 10mm can easily be obtained by changing the rubber cup bushes.....

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and these are a different design of suspension.

This is how I altered the ride of my car, I don't like the "Ass up" look, I like my car to ride parallel with the road and cup buses allowed me to level it to close to what I wanted.

It uses rubber shims, just the same.

I think it needs more than 30mm but it looks like it's riding higher than normal anyway, but that may be illusion due to the rolled arches giving a shorter look to the wings.

It's definitely too high, higher than is normal. Probably due to the wheels so needs dropping to make it level and look aesthetically pleasing to my eye....:)

Probably due to the wheels so needs dropping to make it level and look aesthetically pleasing to my eye....:)

Are you a cyclops.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom