Wheel arch scuff - Chipsaway any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just had a quote from my local MB dealer: £408 incl VAT.

Do you know who will actually be doing the work?
The P'borough, we return calls after eight months, MB dealer (also, like Cambridge part of the R'binsons group) sends them off to Brum or somewhere.

The Northampton dealer (Sytner) uses:-

http://www.castlecoachworks.co.uk/

I've had work done there and they are very good. from what I know of their prices, I would guestimate they'd be nearer £300.

I can vouch for Castle Coachworks - they sorted my car out a couple of years ago. Excellent service and a very,very good repair job.

Thanks for the suggestions on castle coahworks.

I guess I might be able to save a bit by going directly to the bodyshop rather than through MB. But is it not the case that by going through MB, I get THEIR guarantee, and if the job is not 100% perfect I can ask the MB dealer to sort it out, rather than potentially having to deal with an 'independent' bodyshop.

Am I thinking right?

I guess I might be able to save a bit by going directly to the bodyshop rather than through MB. But is it not the case that by going through MB, I get THEIR guarantee, and if the job is not 100% perfect I can ask the MB dealer to sort it out, rather than potentially having to deal with an 'independent' bodyshop.

Am I thinking right?

You are thinking right - and this way you will not invalidate the MB body warranty / goodwill.
If it were mine I would not try and save £100. Pay the £400 and make sure you get a cracking good job done!

MB do smart repairs now too remember... ask the dealer

Am I thinking right?

Coachworks are MB approved. Get the quote from them first then book the work in through MB N'pton. Job done.

Hi
If you use anyone other than an MB authorised body repair shop, MB will not touch the repainted panels if you should have a rust issue in the future. The first thing MB will do is a paint thickness check for resprays. If the thickness varies from the rest of the car they won't touch it.

I had this issue with my car when I took it to them.

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom