Wheel arch trims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MecrazyBenz

Car
w204 C320 CDI Sport
Can anyone advise or recommend somewhere to buy 'black wheel arch trims' for the w202.

Thinking about it, were they ever made or were they aftermarket 3rd party stuff?

Iv searched the web and ebay and can only find the chrome ones :crazy:

EDIT:

Just found this thread re. topic:
http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=26576&highlight=wheel+arch

Yes my car is black, and yes its not the look im after, but it will hide the rust in the short term.

Last edited:
MecrazyBenz said:
Thinking about it, were they ever made or were they aftermarket 3rd party stuff?
AFAIK the only oem wheel arch "flares" are for the W201.

For the W202 there are über-expensive, thin black rubber/plastic ones as fitted to the C36 and C43 models to reduce spray etc when using wide wheels, otherwise...
MecrazyBenz said:
Yes my car is black, and yes its not the look im after, but it will hide the rust in the short term.
I think some chrome ones painted bodycolour would look good, almost evo-style depending on what shape they are. Left as chrome finish however they would look nasty and shout out: "I AM HIDING RUST". Pretty much without exception any car with chrome wheel arch covers has rust under them.

Did you get a quote to have the rust repaired? Might not be as expensive as you think - this is what old-school bodyshops used to do for a living and they're often very good at it!

Shude said:
AFAIK the only oem wheel arch "flares" are for the W201.

For the W202 there are über-expensive, thin black rubber/plastic ones as fitted to the C36 and C43 models to reduce spray etc when using wide wheels
Thanks

Shude said:
Did you get a quote to have the rust repaired? Might not be as expensive as you think - this is what old-school bodyshops used to do for a living and they're often very good at it!

I think the cost of buying chrome ones and having them sprayed black would probably be close to the cost of getting the rust repaired itself, tho could look good as you say.

Like you quite rightly said, i will def get a quote to have the rust repaird. Im just trying to cut corners, which is def not the right way.

MecrazyBenz said:
Like you quite rightly said, i will def get a quote to have the rust repaird. Im just trying to cut corners, which is def not the right way.
If nothing else you are at least living up to your forum name! :crazy:

someone from the club202.com forum has done this mod. I think his username is Jstrat or something but he's in the US. Check the club202.com gallery section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom