Wheel Balance effect on ABC Pump, Hydraulic Suspension, Strut

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wait wait, isnt the person who posted this the same forum member who helped another member fix his abc front valve. He seemed really cool.

Ahhh ok, i thought as much a really helpful forum memeber like that would not switch so quickly.

Last edited:
I have read all the comments to this post I started and each individual contribution is interesting. First and foremost, prior to my visit and experience at Imperial Tires, I had never been there before and I do not know any of the employees. My post is a factual personal experience. It is not biased, neither was it encouraged (advertising) nor is it a third parties representation, history or feedback. I put up the post in the interest of car enthusiasts like me with the intention of sharing what is good.
If I have or had a bad experience, I would also share it, but I would make sure it is my experience and factually documented.
With respect to Balancing and ABC Hydraulic systems, you need to pause for a minute and consider these simple and obvious occurrences. An ABC system is mostly controlled by sensors and a control ECU. If a wheel is unbalanced, it will be bouncing up and down it center point of rotation. These movements will be picked up by sensors and sent to the control ECU. An ABC system is deigned to react to road changes in milliseconds, causing solenoids to vary valve positions and the pump to work harder. The reactions caused by an unbalanced wheel are therefore putting minute but very rapid unnecessary strain on the system parts such as valve o-rings, electrical solenoids, strut seals, dust covers and accumulators. If you compare a severe bump in the road to a bucket of water, then every rotation of an unbalance wheel is a drop of water from the buket. By the time your wheel has rotated 10,000 times, your car has essentially hit a severe bump.
"....and then you hit a bad pothole.....lol" (a contributors comment). The only pot hole I hit were the unfair comments to this post.
Lets keep this forum - Truthful, Fair and Accurate. Respectful and more about our personal experiences. Third party stories are usually coated with sugar or with salt.
With Humility & Respect Crownhouse.

If a wheel is unbalanced, it will be bouncing up and down it center point of rotation. These movements will be picked up by sensors and sent to the control ECU. An ABC system is deigned to react to road changes in milliseconds, causing solenoids to vary valve positions and the pump to work harder.

As I already mentioned, ABC is a slow active suspension system which operates at a maximum frequency of 5Hz and, as the name suggests, is mostly for damping the movements of the chassis. Any vibration caused by an unbalanced wheel will be significantly higher than 5Hz and as such will be handled by the conventional damper in the ABC strut.

Third party stories are usually coated with sugar or with salt.
QUOTE]

At the weekend I actually saw and heard the actual video footage of a representative from Imperial Tyres making full admission to damaging the wheels on a customer's car and he quite clearly stated to "send them the bill" only the next day to refuse liability on a recorded telephone conversation which I have also have heard after he was in receipt of the estimation for repair costs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom