wheel balancing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve.link

Car
AUDI A8, SHOGUN 3.2DID
I have been having some problems with my wheel balance which I seems to have been finally fixed today.

My invoice states that all 4 wheels were removed and "ROAD FORCE WHEEL BALANCE" carried out.

Anyone know exactly what this means and if its any different to any other kind of wheel balancing.

On the assumption that they mean a Hunter Road Force balancer, the difference is that it applies pressure to the wheel using a roller to simulate the forces experienced by the wheel when driving, and measures both radial and lateral forces

It's meant to pick up on things like tyre/rim runout, eccentricity and the like, meaning that in theory your wheels should be pretty much perfectly balanced and true.

http://www.hunter.com/pub/product/balancer/4159T/index.htm

Thanks for the explanation it does make more sense know. Are these balancing machines common place in the motor trade or are they too expensive for the average dealer?

Would you expect all MB Franchised Dealers to have one?

Not sure on that one...from what I've found so far the Road Force machines are comparatively few and far between.

Pro-Align, the UK importers, have a handy listing of registered centres on their website, but Hunter make lesser models too, and the list doesn't state which kit is where. However, they do mention that if you contact them, they will tell you who in your area they have sold GSP9700 units to.

Apparently my nearest centre is the Bentley garage in Pangbourne (yeah, right, like I'm going there), shortly followed by the Merityre branch in Purley.

Last edited:
what did it set you back steve?

i think my merc needs the tracking doing!

Merc Preston want £200 :eek:

ATS did the neighbours Astra for just £25 !

Denise said:
what did it set you back steve?

i think my merc needs the tracking doing!

Merc Preston want £200 :eek:

ATS did the neighbours Astra for just £25 !

There is a place up Aquaduct street that does it for £80 ish (4 wheel tracking and cambers) and Stanways in Lytham do it for £25

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom