Wheel bolt caps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

millo777

MB Enthusiast
Car
1997 W140 S600L/2003 S211 320cdi
I have a set of the extended wheel bolts with the cup half way down the bolt, but the faces of the bolts looking fairly grim. I've tried to purchase replacments, but these are apparently nla.

I've also tried to purchase just the end caps, but the dealer reckons these aren't available seperately.

Does anybody know if the end caps are available anyway?

I've seen afetrmarket options, but they don't look as good as the original MB parts, and I'd be worried using wheel bolts from an unkown source. I know standard W124 bolts will fit, but don't fit flush to the face of the wheel (16x8 et 34 for ref).

The following link shows the standard W124 wheels/bolts which use the same end caps, listed as number 65 in the diagram.

PARTSCATALOG.RU

All MB bolts are one piece. I've never seen those end caps you reference, though others here may have done. Aftermarket caps are available - lots of threads on here about those and other solutions. If you want new bolts, you can't do better than a set of RAD bolts from Alloywheelsdirect.

All MB bolts may be 1 piece these days, but the orignal fit for the W124, W140 and R129 (And probably many others) had a recess in the top of the bolt, into which a small plastic cap fitted, which was the shiny face visible when fitted. If you have a look at the link in my first post, you'll see the epc pic of the bolt and see what I mean.

I have a set of the smaller bolts, but on wheels with et34 these look wrong as they aren't visible and the bolt cavities on the wheels appear empty. Hence the need for the extended bolts, which are nla form the dealer, or from alloywheels direct.

The only thing I need are a new set of the end caps. I was hoping there may an aftermarket supplier for these. There are plenty on ebay that fit over the bolts, but I'm looking for the original oem push in type.

This is the type of bolt I'm referring to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom