wheel bolt length to fit AMG wheels on my w210?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Emeka210

I just got a set of 17" AMG wheels to fit my W210 E220 cdi but the existing bolts are too short. I have measured the bolts on the new wheels and they are 40mm long , i think i might need 60mm bolts for a proper fit, will i be right? Where can i get them cheap?

The correct bolt size for genuine 17" AMG wheels on a W210 is M12 X 1.5 - 39mm.

I always tend to go by the amount the bolts stick out the other side of the lug holes (on the back of the wheel) when your insert a bolt through a hole.

Wheels can have different thicknesses, meaning the bolts can vary in length.

You should be looking for 6-7 full turns on each bolts before they tighten, although up to 8 turns should be fine.

This is how I've always know it anyway.

:thumb:

I always tend to go by the amount the bolts stick out the other side of the lug holes (on the back of the wheel) when your insert a bolt through a hole.

Wheels can have different thicknesses, meaning the bolts can vary in length.

You should be looking for 6-7 full turns on each bolts before they tighten, although up to 8 turns should be fine.

This is how I've always know it anyway.

:thumb:

Correct i tried a different set of AMG alloys on my CLK only to find the bolts were different aswell!

Tony.

Be careful getting bolts too long, especially on the rears as they will foul the handbrake shoes.

You can get cheap bolts on eBay, but ensure they are the correct head type (ie radius or tapered). I made that mistake myself and have had to return them.
For the price, they most certainly are not as good as original Mercedes supplied bolts.

Last edited:
Be careful getting bolts too long, especially on the rears as they will foul the handbrake shoes.

You can get cheap bolts on eBay, but ensure they are the correct head type (ie radius or tapered). I made that mistake myself and have had to return them.
For the price, they most certainly are not as good as original Mercedes supplied bolts.

I did exactly that on one of my 210's. A bolt had sheared and in the rear of the car was some spares. Same length, went in and tightened nicely. :bannana:
Tried to move the car and CRUNCH! The different shaped (slimmer) collar allows the bolt to go further into the hub. :doh:

Hi u guys know where i can get another keybolt? left in in when changing wheels, silly me??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom