wheel bolt size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sharjah

Car
mb 320sl 1994
Hi.Ive just pulled my r129 320 out of hibernation and am wanting to fit new wheelbolts.The alloy wheels have AMG stamped on them.The inside has AMG and also OZ racing stamped on it.If they are gen amg wheels what size bolts are needed 12 or 14m? The car is 1994 and wheel size 17inch.

Hi.Ive just pulled my r129 320 out of hibernation and am wanting to fit new wheelbolts.The alloy wheels have AMG stamped on them.The inside has AMG and also OZ racing stamped on it.If they are gen amg wheels what size bolts are needed 12 or 14m? The car is 1994 and wheel size 17inch.

The problem you may have is: are the wheels the originals? reason I say is that most early Merc's seem to have 12mm bolt size with later models using 14mm e.g. W203 use 12mm W204 14mm so if wheels are changed using a wheel for different size bolt, there can be some slop unless special bolts are used with 12mm thread and radius to fit 14mm wheel?

Either way genuine wheels have the part number stamped on rear usually starting A204****** first 3 numbers tend to show model I think.
You can also measure the outside diameter of your bolts they should be 12mm.

thanks for reply.the wheels are not originals.the new style bolts seem to fit without any slop and the o.d is 12mm,so I will go ahead and fit them. thanks for info.

With any amount of uncertainly, it's best to whip one wheel bolt out and measure it....you'll be certain then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom